Girl Scout question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Dave9
Pedo women tend to go for adolescent boys, that's why you don't hear about Girl Scout scandals of this type.

Yes, and honestly, if you are a boy and some really hot looking women "pays attention" to you, are you going to cry foul? I wouldn't.
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Pedo women tend to go for adolescent boys, that's why you don't hear about Girl Scout scandals of this type.

I dunno if they're "pedos" though. It' mainly young female teachers you're talking about, and they tend to molest (or have sex with) boys that are teens, not preteens...

What is really funny is how this thread is still open yet the "Treading Water" thread was closed almost immediately...

Originally Posted by Imp4
Predicting a locked thread in record time...

Is this the right place to ask about this stuff?
How about we talk about 10w-30 instead....

A lot of oil labeled SAE 30, straight 30, can pass the tests for 10w30

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger

I dunno if they're "pedos" though. It' mainly young female teachers you're talking about, and they tend to molest (or have sex with) boys that are teens, not preteens...

What is really funny is how this thread is still open yet the "Treading Water" thread was closed almost immediately...

Actually I'm not because all posters are posting thoughtful and considered comments and discussing in a reasonable manner.

I truly wish the mods would loosen up a bit as long as people are being reasonable in their posts.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Actually I'm not because all posters are posting thoughtful and considered comments and discussing in a reasonable manner.
I truly wish the mods would loosen up a bit as long as people are being reasonable in their posts.

The moderators do not delete posts where people are being reasonable. It is the unreasonable, the trolling and the grossly misleading posts which are deleted.

I have to say that I don't believe that so many of these people are simply incompetent or stupid. Might be a larger involvement Pedo rings are a real thing and they involve a lot of upper echelon types.
Suspension of disbelief and plausible deniability only last so long. By the time it is too late to ignore, you were already complicit. That means if you blow the whistle, you will be implicated. Imagine you have 20+ years in BSA or any other organization? Would you snitch and throw that away, and then be held in the same regard as the perpetrators just for your own conscience and sense of integrity? That's hard.

1) IBTL = ?

2) One thing to watch is what happens with the land BSA holds. I knew a bloke who was heavily into scouting. He was a natural teacher and a good guy (just to be clear). Every Eagle Scout he brought by was a presentable looking fellow.

3) This guy mentioned the huge BSA reserve which was donated by a grateful Texan. He said 20 groups could walk and camp for weeks and never see each other. He called it a crown jewel.

I predict many a lawsuit will be settled and when the dust dies down assets will be sold and the proceeds will be divided amongst the "men behind the curtain".

4) I have thoughts about tempering sexual behavior but I won't go there here.

5) After BSA's bankruptcy is "finalized(?) will the entire model be abandoned? Seems a shame.

Oh..I am sooo IBTL! ðŸ”

Originally Posted by Kira
1) IBTL = ?

In before the lock

Last edited:

5) After BSA's bankruptcy is "finalized(?) will the entire model be abandoned? Seems a shame.

That's the thing while there are some pedos and possibly were rings in the BSA I would bet that the vast majority of troop leaders were all around great men
doing an honorable job of teaching real life skills to their kids. I was in the Cub Scouts and we had great family men leading our dens no such weird crud even happened in our area, I'm glad I participated, although I didn't go on to joint the Boy Scouts later.

One of the other horrible things from this fallout is that it breaks trust and makes people lose confidence in the overwhelming majority of people in Boy Scouts which are good people. Very tragic situation all around.

That's the thing while there are some pedos and possibly were rings in the BSA I would bet that the vast majority of troop leaders were all around great men
doing an honorable job of teaching real life skills to their kids. I was in the Cub Scouts and we had great family men leading our dens no such weird crud even happened in our area, I'm glad I participated, although I didn't go on to joint the Boy Scouts later.

One of the other horrible things from this fallout is that it breaks trust and makes people lose confidence in the overwhelming majority of people in Boy Scouts which are good people. Very tragic situation all around.
Male-centric areas of society are not welcome in the 21st century, it was only a matter of time. I've read about smaller more fundamentalist scout organizations that exist for those who want a Swansons-esque experience.

If you get a chance read some BSA literature. I have an old (1950s or 60s) scout manual that I got as a kid and it has some interesting information.

They should have confronted the issue at it's earliest stages instead of covering it up like the Catholic Church did. The cover up did as much to break that "trust" as the crime itself, so the organization isn't entirely blameless. Maybe, in the eyes of some, it's better that they just go away and the price that must be paid for covering it up. ... In the process of trying to make those that were abused whole again, it's probably the least that could happen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Male-centric areas of society are not welcome in the 21st century, it was only a matter of time.

Right..males are "victims" even though they control every lever of society. *****..That's a load of snowflake if I ever heard..

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Male-centric areas of society are not welcome in the 21st century, it was only a matter of time.

Right..males are "victims" even though they control every lever of society. *****..That's a load of snowflake if I ever heard..
There's the casual misandry I was looking for on a board where 99% of the posters are male.

Male-centric areas of society are not welcome in the 21st century, it was only a matter of time. I've read about smaller more fundamentalist scout organizations that exist for those who want a Swansons-esque experience.

If you get a chance read some BSA literature. I have an old (1950s or 60s) scout manual that I got as a kid and it has some interesting information.

Maybe someone can explain what's wrong with men teaching boys and young men to love God and country and respect others? Bonus is learning some valuable skills useful in everyday life and spending time in the outdoors. My scoutmaster was second to my dad in importance in my young life and only later did I realize how much time and effort he put in for his boys. RIP Dave.

Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico is over 140,000 acres. Good question what will happen to it. Probably be sold to compensate the victims.

No idea what a "Swansons-esque experience" is but probably some kind of insult to the Boy Scouts knowing the poster.

There's the casual misandry I was looking for on a board where 99% of the posters are male.

Oh spare me the Neanderthal like thinking...

Last edited:
Where facts, ego, tradition, scope and the lizard brain mix.

Just to be clear: There's everything right about scouting. It's a human touch darn near everyone could benefit from.

It takes a tender topic like this one to betray the weaknesses and destructiveness of broad statements and conclusions.

...and we haven't begun to kick sexually related stuff around. (hint) And we ain't gonna.

I was in Scouts around 1962-4 and it was a very good experience. The troop was fairly large with ex scouts as older leaders and quite a few dad's that helped out. We had our own owned camp in the woods/lakes/rivers area. It still exists altho smaller in numbers from past days. A later scoutmaster that was my age and a troop member when I was, was booted by the area council when someone got word that he was gay. There never had been any past problems or issues, but affiliated church cut ties to protect from any possible 'problems'. Anyway, all too bad but a number of us past members support it and help keep it going. There are some gals involved now as well as the younger cubs who all love that camp dating from the late 1920's.

AC1DD said:
They should have confronted the issue at it's earliest stages instead of covering it up like the Catholic Church did. The cover up did as much to break that "trust" as the crime itself, so the organization isn't entirely blameless. Maybe, in the eyes of some, it's better that they just go away and the price that must be paid for covering it up. ... In the process of trying to make those that were abused whole again, it's probably the least that could happen.

You do realize that the vast majority of rank and file troop leaders and related would have had ZERO knowledge that this kind of thing was actually going on right?
Only the higher level administrators would have known such things. The number of pedos and such were a tiny number of people out in the field. Even the victims of the pedos acknowledge that the overwhelming majority of troop leaders were not involved in any way and would not have known anything, could not have known anything.
A couple of victims even stated that they didn't want to see the lawsuit bankrupt the organization and were unhappy that this would be the result, they only wanted the perps and those that looked the other way and knew prosecuted. That's really a high compliment for the innocent members of the organization.

I'm old school, but not that old, and make no apologies for embracing traditional values. That also means that those responsible for the activities and those ignoring those criminal activities should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Those that assaulted these children should get life in prison with no chance for release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back