Girl Scout question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edgiest thread on BITOG!

They get the BSA to accept girls, obviously!
lol.gif

Predicting a locked thread in record time...

Is this the right place to ask about this stuff?
How about we talk about 10w-30 instead....

Do you have any data to back up your post? What's the purpose of talking about something like this without data?

Sounds like you must have been a boy-scout leader yourself...

I was in scouting and made Eagle Scout so I spent a lot of time at it up until age 16 and never heard of anything like has been exposed. It disgusts me more than can be described that BSA corporate would protect the perverts doing these things to protect scouting. The people involved should be held personally responsible to the fullest extent of the law. Same misguided thinking as in the Catholic church and Penn State upper management.

Originally Posted by ffhdriver
How do they keep news about their female leaders who abuse children out of the media ? Common sense says there are some.

Common sense isn't that common. Look at the Penn state coaching scandal. That was a university. By applying your "common sense" that must mean it happens with every university. But that's clearly not the case.

I thought that this thread was going to be about whether they use real girl scouts in their cookies.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
I was in scouting and made Eagle Scout so I spent a lot of time at it up until age 16 and never heard of anything like has been exposed. It disgusts me.

There are always a few bad apples, sadly they are the easiest to spot

For what it's worth most "scouting" groups are ready to fold anyway,
the Boy Scouts are filing bankruptcy as we speak.

Female predation of children is pretty rare. Not so much with men. Priests/Boy scout leaders/Coaches etc. Any venue with males having opportunity for being alone with children is suspect. Sad but true.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Female predation of children is pretty rare. Not so much with men. Priests/Boy scout leaders/Coaches etc. Any venue with males having opportunity for being alone with children is suspect. Sad but true.

Lot of female teachers in the news last few years!

Originally Posted by Imp4

Yeah, seriously why can't they make a dexos certified 10w30 or better yet mono grade or 15w30 whatever these modern basestocks could bring us without the need for VIIs

Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by sloinker

Lot of female teachers in the news last few years!

True, I guess I'm making a distinction between teenage boys/adult females and pre-adolescents/adults. Shows my bias on the subject and probably the population as a whole. I always wonder why a teen aged boy would let the cat out of the bag if he was having relations with an attractive adult female. This is a problem and probably has more to do with my generational attitudes towards the subject. It is just as wrong in the abstract but less wrong in my viewpoint than men or the rare woman with children under 16 years old.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
Originally Posted by Imp4

Yeah, seriously why can't they make a dexos certified 10w30 or better yet mono grade or 15w30 whatever these modern basestocks could bring us without the need for VIIs

What is the spec for the oils used with the machines used to make the cookies?

Also, anything special about the cookies? (Never had one)

Originally Posted by pandus13
Also, anything special about the cookies? (Never had one)

Yes, they're really expensive because it's a fund raiser.

How do they keep news about their female leaders who abuse children out of the media ? Common sense says there are some.

Your common sense is lacking in a few ways including posting this thread.

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
the Boy Scouts are filing bankruptcy as we speak.

In advance of the upcoming lawsuits. The beginning of the end was when Boy Scouts was forced to admit/embrace the 3 Gs.

The cookies are overpriced but the kids get a kick out of selling 'em so they sucker me in. Not sure how much they actually make from the sales. A recent wrinkle is you can buy them to be sent as gifts for the troops so I usually do that. (Helps brighten their day a little and helps keep my waistline from expanding even more, so it's win-win.)

Free Candy Van Driver seeks decoys and distraction...
[Linked Image from ktxs.com]

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Common sense isn't that common. Look at the Penn state coaching scandal. That was a university. By applying your "common sense" that must mean it happens with every university. But that's clearly not the case.

I thought that this thread was going to be about whether they use real girl scouts in their cookies.

I have to say that I don't believe that so many of these people are simply incompetent or stupid. Might be a larger involvement Pedo rings are a real thing and they involve a lot of upper echelon types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back