wix 2019 sienna oil filter cartridge fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

This was my first time played with Cartridge type filter.
Vehicle is 2019 Sienna and it was second oil change (first done by dealer)

So when i put filter on, WIX filter has little wiggle movement when i compare to old filter that was pretty perfect fit.

Is this normal for aftermarket filters?

Btw part number is correct.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
It should be good as long as it clicked into place.

It didnt have that click, even with old filter.

Originally Posted by s2krunner

The Highlander and RX350 I've done both clicked into place. I figured most or all newer Toyotas did the same.

The Highlander and RX350 I've done both clicked into place. I figured most or all newer Toyotas did the same.

The -yzza1 filters definitely "pop" into place.

Was the old filter also an aftermarket?

Originally Posted by The Critic

The -yzza1 filters definitely "pop" into place.

Was the old filter also an aftermarket?

I believe it should be OEM since it was free oil change (10k) from Toyota.

Are you talking about the bore of the Wix fits too loose on the center tube? The Toyota cartridge has the same kind of center tube, on the engine, as their spin ons. The tube on the spin ons can be pushed out by hand and fits tightly to the pleats. It should fit snugly IMO to resist the pleats flexing. Supertech sells a cartridge too, made by Champ Labs. For $3 it looks like a Champ XL their premium line.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Are you talking about the bore of the Wix fits too loose on the center tube? The Toyota cartridge has the same kind of center tube, on the engine, as their spin ons. The tube on the spin ons can be pushed out by hand and fits tightly to the pleats. It should fit snugly IMO to resist the pleats flexing. Supertech sells a cartridge too, made by Champ Labs. For $3 it looks like a Champ XL their premium line.

Yes, center tube.

Thanjs for information

I wonder how much it matters to have space behind the pleats. Seems like most filters the center tube rests on the pleats.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
I wonder how much it matters to have space behind the pleats. Seems like most filters the center tube rests on the pleats.
That a significant issue that tends to be overlooked. If there's a lot of radial distance between the inner creases and the center tube, the pleats won't be well supported. The three 2012-vintage Purolator L16311s I bought in 2014 did leave a lot of empty space there. The corresponding Toyota cartridge is the opposite, a perfect fit. The Fram TG10358 and Walmart ST10358 are intermediate between those extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back