Just took soil temp, got about 43 degrees Fahrenheit, i.e. 6 Celsius. Crabgrass germination happens at about 55 F. Should I deploy now and risk loss of potency and/or wash out, or wait until soil gets up to about 50? Scott's brand crabgrass preventer with built-in fertilizer.
I have enough on hand to treat yard twice at the recommended spread rate. What do you think about hitting it now, then follow-up at 50 degree soil temp with a second application? Can you cause problems with a double application like that?
Did not treat to prevent crabgrass last year, and had it bad throughout yard last summer. Have a good stand of Kentucky 31 Fescue, but the crabgrass got ahead of me last year because I didn't treat to prevent germination.
I want to knock it out before it ever wakes up this year.