Mad mike hughes.rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy was popular in my area. He believed that the earth was flat. He built a rocket to take him up high enough to see if the earth was curved.( why he did not buy a plane ticket is beyond me).

Anyway he shot him self off in his home made rocket and the parachute that was supposed to bring him back down fell off on take off.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hughes_(daredevil)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
why he did not buy a plane ticket is beyond me).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hughes_(daredevil)

I'm guessing it's because a lot of these flat earthers think the govt makes aircraft manufacturers put special glass in planes that makes the Earth look like it curves when it really doesn't.
smirk2.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Learned the Earth is round the hard way.
eek.gif

The video isn't any worse than the cell phone videos of other fatalities that make the evening news. He had about 10 seconds between apogee and contact. He learned the Earth is hard the hard way. RIP

Originally Posted by ctechbob
Died doing what he wanted to do. No one held a gun to his head and put him in that 'rocket'.

It's still a bad way to die. Lots of people die in bad ways that don't involve anyone putting a gun to their head. I'm not sure why that's considered a good thing when someone dies doing what they wanted to do. It's normally considered better not to die.

Never heard of the guy but he is famous now. The YT video is stupid. Childish sound effects to spice up what is someone's death.

Man, some misdirected brainwork right there. Capable of building a rocket yet the strangest of beliefs

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
N The YT video is stupid. Childish sound effects to spice up what is someone's death.

Again, he was not IN the rocket when it hit the ground.

If the effort was intended to prove round or flat, why did it need to be manned?
And why home made?

I'm sure it's already been said but the necessary data is easily gathered via commercial/military winged flight or an unmanned rocket. But if this guy was sensible he wouldn't be engaging in this type of boondoggle in the first place.
This guy was doing things he didn't need to do in order to 'prove' the already proven and verifiable.
It smacks of publicity.

I feel for his friends and family but boy oh boy this is an example of Darwin at work...

Originally Posted by Imp4
If the effort was intended to prove round or flat, why did it need to be manned?

Did this guy REALLY believe it was flat? Sounds more like something to bolster his persona and publicity.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Imp4

Did this guy REALLY believe it was flat? Sounds more like something to bolster his persona and publicity.

THIS.

Originally Posted by PimTac
The YT video is stupid. Childish sound effects to spice up what is someone's death.

I agree. Those sound effects were honestly repulsive. Guy who made that video like that is a total loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back