Gun carry insurance

Originally Posted by KCJeep
I don't have the official "numbers", but after 26 years on a large police department, I can tell you it was just generally accepted fact that you would be sued regardless of how good the shooting was. That was the way everyone looked at it, but mentally reviewing the ones I am more familiar with the actual rate was somewhere around 50 to 75%.

Too many scummy lawyers trying to defend criminals.

Reactions: pbm
With CCW in Kansas if you are found not guilty/lawful shooting you cant be tried in civil court. I have insurance and 10mm,what else but practice and training and pray you never need to use it.

USCCA. I went with the Silver or whatever it is that's $30/mo. That's far less than most people spend on coffee. It's worth it to me. Covers weapons of opportunity, as well.

Originally Posted by Toros
Scam for folks unsure of themselves or lack real training. Fact.

Stating "fact" after your opinion doesn't make it so. Look up Mr. Fish and his trial. He was sure, and responded with extreme restraint and competence to his attacker.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Stating "fact" after your opinion doesn't make it so. Look up Mr. Fish and his trial. He was sure, and responded with extreme restraint and competence to his attacker.

Don't have to. Don't care. My background and training is all the insurance I need.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Don't have to. Don't care. My background and training is all the insurance I need.

Care to share?

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Care to share?

He is an LEO so perhaps his department covers his insurance. Every state is different so HE may be covered where he is as an LEO, this would not apply in every situation.

An LEO would certainly be covered by the department attorney on or off duty.

I was sued for an on duty incident and it was stressful, even though totally justified. Eventually the judge sided with me , found the suit as frivolous, and threw it out.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Retired LEO.

So you are covered out of pocket, not by your employer, then?

Covered by what?
Most of you folks speak about how to shoot... that type of training is available to anyone and it's worthwhile. The training most of you never get nor come up against in reality is when to shoot... and not in a climate controlled room with a simulation program.
I'll save my money and rely on training and experience.

So, how about that 5w30?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ws6
Retired LEO.

Covered by what?
Most of you folks speak about how to shoot... that type of training is available to anyone and it's worthwhile. The training most of you never get nor come up against in reality is when to shoot... and not in a climate controlled room with a simulation program.

Being right---or wrong--- doesn't always matter, financially, etc. As a retired LEO, don't pretend you never thought the same thing on your court days...

Police departments have lawyers for a reason. You're not special. They had a lawyer to cover you, too.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6
Retired LEO.

Covered by what?

Being right---or wrong--- doesn't always matter, financially, etc. As a retired LEO, don't pretend you never thought the same thing on your court days...

Police departments have lawyers for a reason. You're not special. They had a lawyer to cover you, too.

OK. Sure. As soon as the interpreter gets back to me, I'll respond to you.

Reactions: pbm
Gun carry insurance companies are selling an intangible to a small segment of the population that share a twisted fantasy brought on by Hollywood and TV.

Just another money making scheme conjured up by greedy lawyers.

Gun carry insurance companies are selling an intangible to a small segment of the population that share a twisted fantasy brought on by Hollywood and TV.

I'm not sure what you are arguing here... are you against CCW? Or insurance for CCW? Both?

Originally Posted by supton

I'm not sure what you are arguing here... are you against CCW? Or insurance for CCW? Both?

Insurance. It's a scam.

Ah yes, insurance is a bit of a racket, always pressured into on the "you might need it" aspect. The insurance company is out to make money, and stacks the deck so they always are ahead. Necessary evil it seems. One could avoid it by just not having anything of value (or engaging in risky business). Or accept it as a side cost of whatever object or activity.

Back