New Valvoline looks promising?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this Valvoline Synpower MST C5 0w20, haven't got Dexos 1 Gen 2 but meet vovlvo spec and BMW LL 014FE and LL017FE+. Sounds like stout oil?

Originally Posted by kr_bitog
Saw this Valvoline Synpower MST C5 0w20, haven't got Dexos 1 Gen 2 but meet vovlvo spec and BMW LL 014FE and LL017FE+. Sounds like stout oil?

I would not expect this to be widely available and expect $8-10 per quart, at least in the beginning.

Originally Posted by Ignatius
If the price is similar to Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 0w20 count me interested.

Will you drive, sail or fly to Southeast Asia - to get it?

Originally Posted by edyvw

I would not expect this to be widely available and expect $8-10 per quart, at least in the beginning.

Then stores can clearance it for $13.99 a 5 quart jug like the Valvoline modern engine again and I can stock up.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
If the price is similar to Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 0w20 count me interested.

Hmmm, if I really wanted it I guess I'd have it shipped.

Who goes to Asia specifically to buy things that are available there????
That makes less than zero sense.
33.gif

Originally Posted by Imp4
33.gif

haha, I fly all the way to Munich just for a hot bowl of pretzel soup. It's really not that crazy of an idea. Gotta run, my flight leaves at 6 pm.
smile.gif

33.gif

Are you Ignatius.? I replied to him.
Do you also turn down all the sounds in your home, to hear your family speak on the phone? Stand nearby to hear conversations at work?

Valvoline is terrific oil Ignatius. I'll be doing a UOA on the daughter's Advanced Syn 5W30 in a couple months.

33.gif

Are you Ignatius.? I replied to him.
Do you also turn down all the sounds in your home, to hear your family speak on the phone? Stand nearby to hear conversations at work?

Valvoline is terrific oil Ignatius. I'll be doing a UOA on the daughter's Advanced Syn 5W30 in a couple months.

Had I known that your public posting on a internet bulletin board was actually a private conversation, I'd have passed it by.

Gee I wonder how I missed that.....

Originally Posted by Bighorn2500
Originally Posted by edyvw

Then stores can clearance it for $13.99 a 5 quart jug like the Valvoline modern engine again and I can stock up.

With BMW approvals, no you will not have 5qt jug for $13.99.

Valvoline SynPowerâ„¢ MST C5 0W-20 is an ACEA C5 and Euro-OEM certified 0W-20. Such 0W-20 oils are hard to find here. They go through stricker engine tests than API SN/ILSAC GF-5/GM dexos1 Gen 2 certified oils. They must have a phosphorus level between 700 - 900 ppm, as opposed to 600 - 800 ppm for ILSAC GF-5 and 0 - 850 ppm for GM dexos1 Gen 2.

https://www.valvoline.com/de-de/-/m...Power-MST-C5-SAE-0W-20_078-02.ashx?la=en

Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W-20 is a better alternative for an ACEA C5 oil, with a lower VII content and a thicker base oil. These ACEA C5 oils tend to have a low VII content. They are "stout" oils, as people on BITOG would put them.

https://www.mobil.com/en-US/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GL-XX-Mobil-1-ESP-x2-0W20

However, I like the Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 0W-20, with its lower VII content, higher HTHS viscosity, and thicker base oil, better.

https://www.valvoline.com/our-products/motor-oil/advanced-full-synthetic-motor-oil

Below is the link for my spreadsheet for the estimated base-oil viscosity and VII content:

Estimated base-oil viscosity and VII content of selected oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back