Fram XG3600 instead of XG3614

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's Ford Tarus X got hit and totaled out and we ended up getting her a 2019 Ford Edge that has the 2.0 Ecoboost. Fram list the XG3614 for this engine but I have 5 Fram XG3600 left from the old car.
I looked on Frams website and the only difference is the height of the filter, there is plenty of room under the plastic lower panel for the longer filter.
Is there any problems with me using the 3600 filter on this engine?

If the only difference is the can length and there's enough room then it would work fine.

I've run both in my 2008 Jeep with no issues. ZeeOSix is right, if space permits, you should be gtg. If not, send them my way.
grin2.gif

same filter - just different length - ie filter element capacity. If you dont push it - it wont make any difference.

The XG3614,Xg3600, and XG8A have the same bypass valve and the same size gasket, they can be used interchangeably on any engine that specifies the XG3614, provided there's enough room..

I'd do it if the filter is mounted on the top or side, and there was enough room.

I would be afraid to do it on a bottom-mount filter because of the chance of bottoming out and destroying the filter

Originally Posted by Imp4
I've run 3600 for years where the specification was 3614.
The only difference is the length.

Me too, this was a benefit on saturns because it was actually easier to find it in its little cave above the axle.

Originally Posted by eljefino

Me too, this was a benefit on saturns because it was actually easier to find it in its little cave above the axle.

I did the same on my Saturn's.

Same here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back