Need an Ecoboost Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a grocery getter car and not hauling around kids. It's a daily drive with some long trips from time to time. And yes mine states 5W-30 synblend or synthetic oil and in Georgia winters are usually fairly mild but summers are pretty hot like in the mid to upper 90's

I have been using 5-30 Magnatec in mine, but I am going to begin using Havoline in the 6 quart containers.

I've been using the Havoline ProDS 5w30 in my MIL's 2.0L EB Escape.

Paired with a motorcraft filter I'm out of pocket ~$26 (that's an everyday price) for 6qts of a quality synthetic and filter.

Last edited:
I'll just say dittos to the Havoline Pro DS suggestions. A quality oil at a great price point that meets all the specs you are looking for.

Motorcraft 5W30 SN+

Why do you think the dealership used something other than Motorcraft? Or is this a 3rd party dealership and not a FoMoCo service dept?

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Motorcraft 5W30 SN+

Why do you think the dealership used something other than Motorcraft? Or is this a 3rd party dealership and not a FoMoCo service dept?

Have no idea what bulk oil they use.....I'd be taking a swag if I tried. If they did use MC oil all the more reason to drain it

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Ive got a 2017 2.0L Turbo Ecoboost. I've searched without a lot of success to be honest.
I'm looking for a thick 5W-30 with lots of moly and lots of boron and low calcium.
Need some ideas to pick from.
Thanks guys !!!ðŸ‘

Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 5W-30 is the thickest ILSAC GF-5 5W-30 I'm aware of -- Noack = 9.3%, HTHS = 3.2 cP, and very little VII mean a very thick base oil, too.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...oa-valvoline-synthetic-dexos1-gen-2-5w30

Originally Posted by Gokhan
Ive got a 2017 2.0L Turbo Ecoboost. I've searched without a lot of success to be honest.
I'm looking for a thick 5W-30 with lots of moly and lots of boron and low calcium.
Thanks guys !!!ðŸ‘

Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 5W-30 is the thickest ILSAC GF-5 5W-30 I'm aware of -- Noack = 9.3%, HTHS = 3.2 cP, and very little VII mean a very thick base oil, too.

That's a stout oil
Tons of Boron !

Just to be sure, which flavor Valvoline is this ?

Thanks guys !!!ðŸ‘

That's a stout oil
Tons of Boron !

Valvoline Advanced Synthetic (VAS)

Thanks guys !!!ðŸ‘

That's a stout oil
Tons of Boron !

Valvoline Advanced Synthetic (VAS)

Link doesn't work

Originally Posted by MParr
Do you own one? If so, what oil is specified in your owner's manual?
I see that you are in the UK. The Ford Kuga is not offered with a 2.0 Ecoboost in the UK.

I thought at one time the Ford Kuga was in fact offered with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine, in the UK. I was doing some research and found that the tow rating in the UK was higher than in the USA by a significant margin- 3500 lbs in US vs 4000+ in UK.

Motorcraft 5W30 SN+

Have no idea what bulk oil they use.....I'd be taking a swag if I tried. If they did use MC oil all the more reason to drain it

What are you smoking that is making you think Motorcraft oil is low quality? Every VOA I've seen points to a high quality product competitive with every other major name brand on the market.

No where did I say MC is low quality. But why pay more money for a syn blend than a really good full syn oil ?
What's the % blend in MC oil ? Any idea ?
I don't have a clue and I'd never run a blend in a turbo motor with all the oils to pick from that will give better protection for the same or less money than MC. But to each their own I suppose.

LoneRanger

Stack up MC 5W-30 SynBlend to
Rotella Gas Truck Synthetic 5W-30
And you tell me which is the best oil 🤔

And

The RGT is cheaper !!

Sure enough the Ford Europe owner manuals often specifically call out Castrol Magnetec as a base requirement. I even saw 5W-20 specified for the 2.0L EcoBoost! Eek!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back