Wife's 2015 Cghevy Sonic - Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
I will be shocked if the insurance company repairs that car.

Agreed. I'd say it is a total loss.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Originally Posted by jstert
wouldn't a cpo buick verona be a nice replacement, though the back seat is a tad tight?

Not familiar with the Verona .

It was sibling to the Chevy Cruze that was neglected child. They updated the Cruze as time progressed with improvements however Verona was stuck in time.

Clearly totaled. The resale value is not good on Chevy Sonic either, unfortunately, which makes it even more likely they will total it. Then they salvage the seats, headlights etc maybe even engine on yours since it does not look hit from the front. If you want to replace like for like look at same model year to make sure the ins. co. is not lowballing you on the payoff. You should get your replacement cost not wholesale.

Originally Posted by jstert
wouldn't a cpo buick verona be a nice replacement, though the back seat is a tad tight?

Buick Verano !

SONIC IS TO BE moved to the local body shope we have used in the past , for estimate .

Rental car OK'ed . Hope to pick one up today .

Eminently repairable but probably not as at commercial rates.
Cheaper for the insurer to simply pay out retail for the car.
OTOH, this is the type of car people buy for cheap and then repair as side jobs. Most of us probably know a guy who does this.
Parts?
Buy two from Copart and use one for parts. They're cheap enough and the donor car will still be partible and may even bring more when parted than buyer paid for it after cutting out needed bits.
This is an unfortunate example of our disposable approach to durable goods as a society.

Picked up the rental last Friday , late . Talked to the body shop , also . They had received it by them . May hear from them as to estimate , today or tomorrow .

Originally Posted by wdn
Clearly totaled. The resale value is not good on Chevy Sonic either, unfortunately, which makes it even more likely they will total it. Then they salvage the seats, headlights etc maybe even engine on yours since it does not look hit from the front. If you want to replace like for like look at same model year to make sure the ins. co. is not low balling you on the payoff. You should get your replacement cost not wholesale.

The LF wheel is folded under , some . Wonder if the half shaft moved enough to mess up something in the automatic transmission ?

If State Farm totals it , hope we get a respectable check .

Would consider another Sonic ( new ) . Or another Buick if I could locate another low mileage used one , worth the money . We love our 2006 Buick Lacrosse 3.8l . Currently has a little over 50,000 miles on the clock & runs great w/decent MPG .

The Sonic will not be totaled . Will be repaired , suppose to get it back in something like 2-1/2 weeks .

The Sonic will not be totaled . Will be repaired , suppose to get it back in something like 2-1/2 weeks .

Oof Bummer

No , that was pre-existing . Thinking about asking the body shop to price repairing that damage , too . As an adder on our dime .

We have used this body shop in the past and been 100% happy . Maybe or maybe not the fastest body shop in town , but they seem to do good work . And are not a franchise or dealer owned .

Seem to be independent . Their website said , since 1948 .

No , that was pre-existing . Thinking about asking the body shop to price repairing that damage , too . As an adder on our dime .

That is probably another $2K.

Good to hear that.
The little thing will continue to serve you and yours well as a local run-around car.
What's the repair estimate?
There will be a supplemental as well, but SF is already well aware of this.

I am some what surprised. I once was in the middle of repairing a Sonic that was front and rear bumper covers, also a repair on the trunk lid. I was half was through the job and they came back to tell me to stop working because the car was a total and the insurance reviewed the estimate. Those cars has no value and with the pre existing damage I'm surprised that they are fixing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back