Continental WinterContact TS870

Continental has introduced their latest and greatest "performance winter tire ", the TS870. I'm not sure if this tire will makes its way into the North American market. Continental did not brings its predecessor, the TS860, to North America.

https://www.continental-tires.com/car/about-us/media-services/newsroom/wintercontact-ts870-launch
https://www.continental-tires.com/c...ntercontact-ts-870-launch/press-releases
https://www.continental-tires.com/c...the-new-continental-wintercontact-ts-870

...For the new WinterContact TS 870, the tyre engineers at Continental have come up with a new tread design and compound. Their challenging mission was to develop an even better tyre than its multi award-winning predecessor. The outcome is a tyre that, in a direct comparison, delivers 5 percent shorter braking distances on ice and 5 percent better handling on snow. The new WinterContact TS 870 also offers better grip on snow, improved wet-weather properties and enhanced handling on dry roads....

...To make braking on ice even safer, the contact patch includes up to ten percent more tread blocks than its successful predecessor. The edges and sipes in these blocks act like windshield wipers, dispersing slush fast and ensuring good grip on icy surfaces. With their deep sipes, arranged parallel to the diagonal grooves, the tyres present a large number of edges, enabling the dynamic forces to be transferred more effectively and delivering good straight-line and cornering grip on snow. A further benefit of this design is the larger snow pockets in the tread. These fill up with snow and ensure even better grip.

...The new 3D interlocking sipes are set at the best possible angle to engage with the snow. As the tread blocks dig deeper into the snow, they can interlock with it more effectively and deliver additional grip.

...The new tread pattern features a special center-groove concept that makes for even faster lateral water displacement when driving in the rain, providing better protection against aquaplaning. Another factor that contributes to the shorter braking distances, is the newly developed tread compound, which, like in the predecessor model, goes by the name of Cool Chili Compound. A blend of special resins ensures better grip and shorter braking distances in the wet.

[Linked Image from blobs.continental-tires.com]

You might be able to get them from 1010tires, a Canadian site. I know they carry/carried the TS860. They ship to the US for $15/tire, and no customs charges, either
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
You might be able to get them from 1010tires, a Canadian site. I know they carry/carried the TS860. They ship to the US for $15/tire, and no customs charges, either
smile.gif

What?
TS870 would be great alternative to Michelin for those looking more comprehensive tire.

smile.gif

Looks like they sell the TS860S, but not the TS860. The 860S has an asymmetrical tread, the 860 has a directional tread.
None of the 860S tires are actually in stock, but are listed at $999.99 each! Weird.

https://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Continental/ContiWinterContact+TS860+S

Originally Posted by SubLGT
smile.gif

Looks like they sell the TS860S, but not the TS860. The 860S has an asymmetrical tread, the 860 has a directional tread.
None of the 860S tires are actually in stock, but are listed at $999.99 each! Weird.

https://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Continental/ContiWinterContact+TS860+S

The 860's might have all sold out as they await the 870's to arrive

They also have or had the 850P (also asymmetric, whereas the regular 850 is directional)

I am actually ok with this because I prefer asymmetric tires to directional, anyway
smile.gif

Either way, 1010's selection is still more than we get down here
cry.gif

More info from Canadian dealer 1010Tires regarding shipping to the USA:

We ship orders anywhere in Canada and the U.S. Please note, Alaska, Hawaii, Yukon, Nunavut, and Northwest Territories require expedited shipping.

The price of shipping any product from 1010TIRES.COM depends on the location of the recipient, the location the product is shipped from as well as the weight and size of the order. Each order's shipping charges are calculated in real-time of the purchase and prominently displayed before each order is finalized.

Most U.S. destined orders are shipped from our warehouses across the United States. However, in some cases a product may only be available in one of our Canadian warehouses. In these cases we may ship the order from Canada and that may attract duties and brokerage fees on entry into the U.S. These charges are the sole responsibility of the customer.

Continental has delayed production of the TS870 to 2021 because Covid-19 shut down their factories for a few months.

Back