BMW LL-14FE/LL-17FE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Ok yeah, so Euro L (in Canada we also get the Quaker State and Motomaster versions of this), cheapest this will go on sale is around $30 - 32 a jug or so. Still not a huge difference.

I highly doubt there will be any difference in MPG. That is obtainable in testing conditions and that is what matters for certification. In real life, highly doubt. I personally for example never observed any MPG change going from 0W20 in Toyota to 5W30.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
My sister has a 2017 Cooper S, calls for LL-14FE 0w20. This is A1/B1, not sure what is different between an LL-14FE approval and something like Edge 0w20 which also is A1/B1?

LL-17FE I guess is the mid saps version (C5) which is backwards compatible with LL-14FE. Very difficult to find either of these specs outside of the dealership. Fuchs has an LL-14FE approval which isn't too expensive and LiquiMoly is coming out with LL-17FE shortly.

Anyone really know if running a regular 0w20 A1/B1 in these cars would be a bad idea? Maybe they just don't have the long life requirement?

Some of these engines have a particle filter in the exhaust which will be the deciding factor on what oil you should use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back