STP 0W-16 found in NC Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autozone in Jacksonville, NC now sells STP 0W-16 in single quarts and it's manufactured by Amalie Oil Company.

As a bonus Autozone also carried the correct oil filter for my 2019 Corolla XSE which Toyota has discontinued and replaced with their catch all YZZF2 filters.

STP 2878XL crosses to Toyota's 90915-10009. The original filter is slighty shorter than the 90915-YZZF2 / 4967XL.

20200220_191006.jpg

20200220_191033.jpg

20200220_191053.jpg

20200220_191715.jpg

Can't say I've ever seen a base plate like that on an oil filter. Of course, I can remember when e-cores came out, thought they looked funny then too.

Are they offering the 0/16 at oil change special prices, like they do with other stp oil?

STP, Made in China so it's anyone guess however it's the correct height and faceplate as the OEM and also includes a silicone ADBV unlike the YZZF2 that Toyota now uses in my application.

Whats wrong with a YZZF2? How are they different from the one you were using before. I was considering one for my truck that takes the YZZD1 or D3 since the F2 was a buck or two cheaper.

Just personal preference. The YZZF2 is slightly taller and doesn't include a silicone ADBV like the -10009 filter that came on the car. I am sure the YZZF2 is more than good for my application just prefer the identical base plate and ADBV.

Originally Posted by Red91
Can't say I've ever seen a base plate like that on an oil filter. Of course, I can remember when e-cores came out, thought they looked funny then too.

Are they offering the 0/16 at oil change special prices, like they do with other stp oil?

Premium Guard oil filter there my friend....

XL STP is the exact same filter at Federated Auto XL oil filter... They are very well built.

Originally Posted by CR94
Who made the S2878XL?

Looks like similar manufacturer that makes the Factory Toyota filters. I'll check my autozone and grab one and cut and post it if they have one. Happy Friday

Pennzoil has a 0W-16 for hybrids. I can get it for free, but don't have any vehicles that would use it.

Originally Posted by CR94
Who made the S2878XL?

If it's anything like the XLs in my AutoZone stores.. it's a Premium Guard made filter. .

Turns out Warren Distubution is the supplier of STP 0W-16 despite the AOC blown bottles. Just recieved the SDS and Warren is the supplier. It looks like Amalie blows the bottles and Warren provides the oil.
[Linked Image]

After speaking with Autozone and AOC STP is either Warren Distubution or AOC based on geographical location. AOC handles the South and East while WPP handles the midwest and West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back