ST 0W-20 2013 Sienna 100k

Let's setup a gofundme for OP to get TBN next time
lol.gif

Last edited:
Geez, with numbers like that from Walmart brand synthetic, why do we bother with anything else?

No point in debating whether we should try and save $2.40 by trying to run it an extra 2,000 miles.10k is plenty.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
lol.gif

That's funny! ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
lol.gif

...‚ I didn't know what that was until I started using this site. Next time I'll be sure to get it.

Originally Posted by diyjake
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
Originally Posted by bbhero
Warren Distribution makes very good oil... This report proves it yet again.

Mobil 1 makes ST, not Warren.

Since when? Warren makes ST, Kirkland (Costco's Brand), Amazon's Oil and others...

Warren did for a long time, but I noticed recently that ST is no longer on the list of oils produced by Warren and the Warren logo is no longer on the bottle. Per a tribologist friend of mine, Mobil 1 is making it now.

That is very interesting, I'll have to take a look at a ST jug when i'm at walmart. Where did you find the list? Curious to see what brands are on there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by diyjake

Since when? Warren makes ST, Kirkland (Costco's Brand), Amazon's Oil and others...

Warren did for a long time, but I noticed recently that ST is no longer on the list of oils produced by Warren and the Warren logo is no longer on the bottle. Per a tribologist friend of mine, Mobil 1 is making it now.

This is big news and I'm surprised this hasn't surfaced on the PCMO section yet. Maybe I'll start a thread. Also, I've emailed Warren to see if there is any truth to this.

Looking a bit closer, OP's UOA lines up with the Warren-brewed Supertech formula FYI.

Last edited:
James,

Thank you for contacting Warren Distribution.

No truth.

Warren Distribution is still a vendor for SuperTech oils, nothing has changed in that regard.

We provide the same great service and product to Walmart as we always have.

Thanks again!

I do not think that Warren Distribution is the sole provider for Walmart SuperTech oils.

I believe we are the largest, but not the only supplier.

Last edited:
Here's the complete list of brands produced by Warren. Super Tech is not on the list.

https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsResultsDetail?accountId=-1&companyId=10297

The ST 5w30 shares the exact same Dexos license as Warren's house brand Mag1 5w30 (D10386HGO25)... and WalMart stores holds thier own API license numbers (search Walmart Stores) for a multitude of grades. So my guess is Warren's making the oil still, under Wally's API license. At least for 5w30 grade, I didn't cross check every grade. And the previous poster is likely right, it wouldn't be unheard of for Wally's to have more than one supplier for different regions/markets. But for Wally's.com, it appears Warren's the supplier.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:

Ahh unless something had changed.... Supertech is made by Warren Distribution... In my area and others has well......

Thank you MH.....

That WD Supertech in my area is the same... It's in my opinion. . . Rebadged Mag1 Dexos Gen 2 approved oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
It thinned out a little (cst@100) and there's some fuel dilution in there (.5) - which Blackstone didn't mention. I'd stick with 7K OCIs with this oil.
Otherwise, I'd suggest 10K runs.

Report says

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PWMDMD
It thinned out a little (cst@100) and there's some fuel dilution in there (.5) - which Blackstone didn't mention. I'd stick with 7K OCIs with this oil.
Report says My guess is their method is not capable of resolving anything in that small range and for all practical purposes there was no fuel dilution according to THIS method - Yes, I know this method sucks for determining fuel dilution but flash temp still looks good.

Most certainly not. Look at the repeatability and reproducibility of the specific ASTM test which would directly relate to their estimation of fuel. For flash point in particular it is a highly variable test.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by PWMDMD
Report says My guess is their method is not capable of resolving anything in that small range and for all practical purposes there was no fuel dilution according to THIS method - Yes, I know this method sucks for determining fuel dilution but flash temp still looks good.

Most certainly not. Look at the repeatability and reproducibility of the specific ASTM test which would directly relate to their estimation of fuel. For flash point in particular it is a highly variable test.

I guess my point is based on that report we can not say there is 0.5% fuel dilution.

Last edited:
Back