Motul 8100 Xclean EFE 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched and not seen the VOA for this one anywhere.

I was quite surprised to see the Molybdenum in this oil as Motul doesn't often make use of any moly at all, but it makes sense given the EFE designation.

I'm a little disappointed by the fact that OAI only tested the TBN using the D4739 protocol because Motul used the D2896 protocol to get a TBN of 7.8.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 221
I don't see your VOA? Also, why are you surprised to see calcium at 1851? All of the "rated" specs outside of SN are diesel, and therefore will have no requirements for LSPI, because that's not a worry on compression-ignition engines. Even SN did not have any LSPI requirements, that came along with D1G2 and SN+. If you're looking for LSPI protection, stick to an oil that's rated and intended for gasoline engines with the D1G2/SN certs.

Also, where do you see that this oil has moly (since I can't see your VOA)? I see no indications in the PDS that would give me that feeling?

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I don't see your VOA? Also, why are you surprised to see calcium at 1851? All of the "rated" specs outside of SN are diesel, and therefore will have no requirements for LSPI, because that's not a worry on compression-ignition engines. Even SN did not have any LSPI requirements, that came along with D1G2 and SN+. If you're looking for LSPI protection, stick to an oil that's rated and intended for gasoline engines with the D1G2/SN certs.

Also, where do you see that this oil has moly (since I can't see your VOA)? I see no indications in the PDS that would give me that feeling?

180F2492-790F-4027-9BE2-B061A164E6ED.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back