Need an Ecoboost Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got a 2017 2.0L Turbo Ecoboost. I've searched without a lot of success to be honest.
I'm looking for a thick 5W-30 with lots of moly and lots of boron and low calcium.
Need some ideas to pick from.
Thanks guys !!!ðŸ‘

I am using Castrol Magnatec 5W30 in my son's 2016 2.0 Ecoboost Ford Escape. Based on recommendations and other owners suggestions. Pretty good oil for the price

Meets Specifications: API SN Plus, ILSAC GF-5, GM dexos1 Gen 2, Ford WSS-M2C929-A, WSS-M2C946-B1

QSUD is a great oil for the 2.0 Ecoboost. It's reasonably priced. I've used it in mine. The Havoline Pro DS is another good choice. The 2.0 Ecoboost holds 5.7 Qt. and the 6Qt. box from Walmart makes it that much better.

I have a 2018 Escape with the 2.0 in it. I'm going to run a fill of Chevron Supreme 5w30 and sample at 3-4000. It's loaded with Moly, Boron and Zinc. At 10.5 it's middle of the road in thickness.

I have a 2017 Escape 2.0t AWD- 32k miles . First change was with Amsoil 5w30, all subsequent changes with PUP 5w30. I change when the OLM tells me, generally about 7-9k miles and get a UOA with Blackstone.
All my UOA have been excellent. I do some light towing of a Waverunner, but general use is around town for the wife. Let me see if I can find the last UOA that I posted ....

Originally Posted by MParr
QSUD is a great oil for the 2.0 Ecoboost. It's reasonably priced. I've used it in mine. The Havoline Pro DS is another good choice. The 2.0 Ecoboost holds 5.7 Qt. and the 6Qt. box from Walmart makes it that much better.

I had no idea the 2.0 took that much oil.

Anyways I second the Magnatec or even castrol Edge
But the Havoline would be ideal with the 5 quart box oil

I just did my daughter's 2014 Escape today. Only 78,300 kms on the car, (48,000 miles).
Ended up using 15W40 T4 and XG 3600 filter. I let it drip its last drop and it took 6.5L of oil.
The used oil always smells like gasoline.
No oil cooler for the ATF so I use the thick stuff.

Any oil with the proper ratings will work. I have run Motorcraft, Magnatech, Valvoline syn high mile oil, Mobil1 High mileage and QSUD. Via the seat of the pants dyno what ever value it has is the QSUD and the Magnatech are my favorites which doesn't mean anything. The next oil change will be the Shell Rotella gas truck which I bought at closeout.

Originally Posted by CT8
Any oil with the proper ratings will work. I have run Motorcraft, Magnatech, Valvoline syn high mile oil, Mobil1 High mileage and QSUD. Via the seat of the pants dyno what ever value it has is the QSUD and the Magnatech are my favorites which doesn't mean anything. The next oil change will be the Shell Rotella gas truck which I bought at closeout.

The dealer apparently did an oil change before we bought it with only god knows what kind of oil was used
I drained and filled with RGT 5-30 and installed a new MC filter
Maybe RGT is the best of what I'm looking for

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder

I had no idea the 2.0 took that much oil.

Anyways I second the Magnatec or even castrol Edge
But the Havoline would be ideal with the 5 quart box oil

6 quart box not 5
wink.gif

if your ecoboost takes you to the store, and drops the kids off at school, then any cheapo xW20 will suffice.

If you're going to get it hot and use it hard, then Redline is better for longevity

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Olas
if your ecoboost takes you to the store, and drops the kids off at school, then any cheapo xW20 will suffice.

If you're going to get it hot and use it hard, then Redline is better for longevity

Olas, the 2.0 Ecoboost engine requires 5W30 oil.

Originally Posted by Olas

Olas, the 2.0 Ecoboost engine requires 5W30 oil.

Climate dicates viscosity - 5w30 is appropriate in some places but not others.

Point remains - for gentle use in trafiic with the kids as passengers, xW20 will be just fine but for sustained high temp/high load you need lots of capaity to deal with heat, and lots of AW.

Do you own one? If so, what oil is specified in your owner's manual?
I see that you are in the UK. The Ford Kuga is not offered with a 2.0 Ecoboost in the UK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back