2007 sedona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guy have a question. i just picked up an 07 sedona. there is a whine in the car that seems to be coming from the tranny. doing a little research showed the filter is internal and cannot be changed. i have done one drain and fill so far which seems to have quieted it down slightly. a few people on the kia forum seem to think the filter is clogged and starving the pump. i was thinking about using seafoam transtune hopefully dissolving any contaminates, and doing several drain and fills. Any recommendations on things to try. the van has 124k on it. and the fluid was somewhat dark

thanks

Don't use any additive. Wait till the next oil change and do another drain/fill.

A whine is usually associated with a clog or pump failing. Unfortunately there's nothing serviceable besides the fluid, so I would do a series of changes several hundred miles apart until you get a red'ish fluid and if it hasn't helped it any then try a flush a fill. That may be your only option besides a repair/rebuild job which is probably more than the vans worth. But if everything else is in good shape, maybe it's a cheaper option then buying new/another used.

Last edited:
What type of ATF does it use ? Can you do a pull a transmission cooler line off and drain / add ATF until you get red colored fluid out ?

If you can not get it to quiet down , start thinking about either getting rid of the vehicle or taking it in to a transmission shop for rebuild . I realize that is not what you want to hear , but better to have a contingency plan if it does not improve .

Best of luck to you .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back