Needed A Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are times when we need a truck. Neither of our compact SUVs can haul certain items so, I have been looking for a good used pickup. Yesterday, I found one. I bought a used 2014 Ford F-150 STX Super Cab. It's a 4x4 with a 3.7 Duratec engine. It has 64,000 original miles on the clock. I hope it will give good service.

20200219_123623.jpg

20200219_123554.jpg

20200219_123508.jpg

Reactions: JC1
Thanks. It really is. It drives like a brand new one. It came with a new set of Mastercraft Courser tires and a new battery. I plan on an oil change tomorrow. I plan on contacting the local Ford dealer for a transmission fluid and filter change. Yes, it does have a transmission filter. The pan must be dropped. Old school!

Last edited:
I was specifically looking for a V6 powered truck. I didn't need a V8. I was trying to find a used Ram with the 3.6 Pentastar or F-150 with the 2.7 Ecoboost. Rams with the 3.6 Pentastar is a hard truck to locate around here. But, this truck had just shown up at a local dealership along with a 2017 Ram with the Pentastar. The Ram was a 2WD and $2,200 more. So, it was a no brainer.

I needed a truck, instead I bought a $1500 trailer. better loading(height and drive on), better mpg, better payload, less maintence, less costs (repairs/insurance etc)

That's a nice looking truck.

I expect good service out of it. It's super clean. I just need to get all of the fluids and filters changed for piece of mind.

Friend of mine has a 3.7 in a transit. It has no problems towing a vehicle on a trailer, it'll actually leave my old 5.4 in the dust!

If I were to buy that generation of f150, that's the engine I would go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back