Chevy 6.0L Intake Gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the spark plug thread the intake gasket might of been the source of the misfiring. I'm starting to think either it already had the updated gasket or has it been changed? Doesn't look like the gasket that fails based on the pic's I've seen. Going to ahead and swap them out and not sure how yet. The Express must be another animal from the SIlverado.. no way it's a two hour job!!

The knock sensors were clean and the wiring looked good so just sealed it up.

And Mike and whoever else mentioned just using the Dorman brackets.. you were right. Should of never messed with it, a big waste of time. Even though I got the one stud out on the passenger side the new one snapped also! And one other must of been cross threaded already, I think I got it tight but might just a bracket for that one. Didn't even try on the drivers side. What I find odd is on both side the manifold didn't want to line up after and that was a bear. Now just have to figure out which bracket to use in each location.

IMG_3954.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

Yeah the gasket is easy on the truck. As I recall the green one is the update one. So someone was in there before.

The brackets are so easy on the LS. I don't know if I will ever drill a bolt out again. They just work and you can snug them up as needed.

Do you have gaskets? I have a brand new set sitting in my garage I won't/can't use. Still in the plastic. They are yours free, just send me an address.

I have never had luck trying to line exhaust manifold up after removing it, if it is still attached tight to the exhaust.

Looks like that is the dog house off? Is the intake just jammed up in there?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ls1mike
Yeah the gasket is easy on the truck. As I recall the green one is the update one. So someone was in there before.

The brackets are so easy on the LS. I don't know if I will ever drill a bolt out again. They just work and you can snug them up as needed.

Do you have gaskets? I have a brand new set sitting in my garage I won't/can't use. Still in the plastic. They are yours free, just send me an address.

I have never had luck trying to line exhaust manifold up after removing it, if it is still attached tight to the exhaust.

Looks like that is the dog house off? Is the intake just jammed up in there?

I got the Felpro.. thanks though! It's beyond jammed, the hard part is all the wiring runs on top of the intake. I got it back together but not sure how clean the surfaces were afterwards.

[Linked Image]

The brackets came in yesterday and all the pulleys and belts today. It runs! A lot quieter and smoother so far. The pulleys has a lot of play so that might of been most of the noise. Test drive this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back