2008 CR-V AT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed while doing some work on a 2008 Honda CR-V that in high hear in lowest steady RPM's, there was a slight rumble. Around 1800 RPM in highest gear on level highway. I did a little searching and it appears this is a somewhat common problem.

I did 2 drop and fills with Honda DW1 and it still does it. Any comments?

Last fluid change was 30K ago at Honda Dealership.

The owner has never noticed it.

i had that problem in my 2011. i thought it was the tires and even after new tires it was still there. thought it was the wheel bearing and i changed that also. No change. could never figure it out. also, check for water in the spare tire area

Last edited:
WhyMe, I did many test runs over the week I had it. It only did it at 1800-2000 RPM's in high gear. As soon as it shifted down, rumble gone.

It has to be in the Transmission, right?

I think it's torque converter and it's very common with those CR-V's. I don't know that it's actually hurting anything and I think most people live with it.

Originally Posted by Gebo
WhyMe, I did many test runs over the week I had it. It only did it at 1800-2000 RPM's in high gear. As soon as it shifted down, rumble gone.

It has to be in the Transmission, right?

yep i only noticed it on the highway driving at about 55 to 70. it was a feeling like the tire was going up and down. i can't say its in the trans though. i did not want to spend money to find out so i lived with it .

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
I think it's torque converter and it's very common with those CR-V's. I don't know that it's actually hurting anything and I think most people live with it.

You are confirming what I thought. I'm gonna email agco and see what Lewis says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back