Robocalls stopped for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read T Mobil and Sprint (I think) have started some new tech to combat spoofing. We have Consumer Cellular, but we both have not gotten ANY in almost a week. First time in I guess 4-5 years since a day went by w/o one or 5 spam calls. Chinese Embassy was relentless for years, and lately just the tail end of a crappy recording, something like "Press 2". Last Friday got that one 5 times in one day. I never answered any of them.

Anyone else seeing an end to this assault?

Interesting, just last week I was like man i haven't received any robocalls for a few weeks and this week they came back again. So annoying!

It definitely slowed down recently. I hope it stops completely.

SHAKEN/STIR has been partially implemented by several large carriers in the US. I almost completely stopped receiving spam calls about a month ago. It's wonderful.

They're getting desperate. My old landline which I don't really answer anymore has been getting tons of robocalls lately. The cell phone has been pretty quite. I also use an app to kill robocalls and lately those chinese calls have been coming from one exchange so I've just blocked the entire exchange.

Mine seem to have picked up, but what I have noticed is that my cell phone will tag a call as "potential spam" on occasion.

There should be more laws against robo calls especially when you are driving and get a call thinking it might be important. I have Verizon but have not noticed a major decrease. I get one or two a day then it they will stop for a week or so and start up again. I always block the number but don't think it helps.

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
There should be more laws against robo calls especially when you are driving and get a call thinking it might be important. I have Verizon but have not noticed a major decrease. I get one or two a day then it they will stop for a week or so and start up again. I always block the number but don't think it helps.

I'm stuck with Verizon myself. Believe me the robot Is alive and well. My car warranty has expired at least daily for the last month, Twice today . Last week it was that plus the Social Security Admin investigating irregularities 🥴, twice. That's about typical. If anything they are more prevalent than ever........

We have not gotten any robocalls at all on our land line since installing the Call Sentry 3.1 device. (Its call log shows usually 6-12 a day, sometimes more, being intercepted.)

I almost miss them, I used to get a kick out of screwing around with the scammers if I had some time to kill.

I had 9 apple care calls in 8 hours.

ps I dont have an apple account or any apple devices.

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
I get one or two a day then it they will stop for a week or so and start up again. I always block the number but don't think it helps.

It helps for a week or so.
wink.gif

I use an app that simply blocks them. There has been a sharp decline in spam calls since the beginning of the year.

49.gif

Dont you have the Telephone Preference Service in NA? It's been in operation over here for decades..
Altenatively, block the number that just called and it cant call back, also, dont give your number out and it cant be re-sold.

I was getting 3-4 per day up until a month or so ago, then they stopped completely. Now this week they have started all over again, yesterday I got three in the span of about two hours.

Originally Posted by wwillson
SHAKEN/STIR has been partially implemented by several large carriers in the US. I almost completely stopped receiving spam calls about a month ago. It's wonderful.

Isn't it someone must have started listening. Isn't competition a great tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back