Favorite 3/8 Ratchet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jakewells
Got these for $1.00 each today at a local fleamarket the ratchets were frozen solid but after a little work with a wire wheel and some turbine oil to the internals they are ready for my growing collection of old craftsman tools. Two of them have a oil port.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice grab.

What a neat thread on tools! My dad gave me some of his tools. Old Snap On and Proto ratchets. Those tools were stolen and I replaced them with modern Craftsmans ratchets. Not nearly as nice.

I look forward to following up on Travs advice and giving Amazon.de a try for Hazels or Stahlwille ratchets and wrenches.

Originally Posted by Eric Smith

Huh didn't even think about rebuilding it. All the kits I've seen is about the same a new ratchet though!

Did you think about ordering the kit i pm'd you?

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Originally Posted by jakewells
My latest find a circle u craftsman 1/2 drive in war production cadmium plating after cleaning and lubing it is ready for years of service.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The handle looks a little thin and possibly painful over time with high torque bolts. I do like the width though.

As I got older I couldn't use my Craftsman ratchet due to arthritis in my hands so I got a Snap-On comfort handle ratchet with a longer handle for leverage. The thin handle is a killer.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by Eric Smith

Huh didn't even think about rebuilding it. All the kits I've seen is about the same a new ratchet though!

Did you think about ordering the kit i pm'd you?

Haven't ordered yet.. too many projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back