GunsInternational

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see where Guns International now has a classification for the S&W Model 18 Revolver. One of the seven listings has an asking price of $1,695.00. I paid $110.00 for my Model 18 in 1972. Still have the original box and all S&W literature ,unopened tool kit and even the wax rapping paper. I certainly wouldn't sell it for $1,695.00 .And to think I was trying to find a family member to pass it on to and not finding anyone interested in it. Same thing with a garage full of forty and fifty year old tools and equipment made in USA. Forty year old Crafsman floor jack the exception being made in Japan. Times sure do change.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
I see where Guns International now has a classification for the S&W Model 18 Revolver. One of the seven listings has an asking price of $1,695.00. I paid $110.00 for my Model 18 in 1972. Still have the original box and all S&W literature ,unopened tool kit and even the wax rapping paper. I certainly wouldn't sell it for $1,695.00 .And to think I was trying to find a family member to pass it on to and not finding anyone interested in it. Same thing with a garage full of forty and fifty year old tools and equipment made in USA. Forty year old Crafsman floor jack the exception being made in Japan. Times sure do change.

i have a few guns and non of my kids are interested in firearms. Got a crapload of tools also. i am thinking its best just to sell them and leave them the money instead of having them go to the hassle of liquidating them .

Agreed cause they will sell them way too cheap...you'd be rolling in your grave if you knew.
smile.gif

hi yah-tah-hey, do you want a clean, independent, housebroken 60+ adopted son to leave some guns and tools? seriously, passing on things is a problem. perhaps you have some worthy further relations or children of friends who would appreciate a gift and remember you for it. surely a gun collector will truly appreciate your pristine handgun: find a decent, local firearms dealer to list it on gunbroker for you. i did something similar with family militaria that i inherited and could no longer keep.

Originally Posted by jstert
hi yah-tah-hey, do you want a clean, independent, housebroken 60+ adopted son to leave some guns and tools? seriously, passing on things is a problem. perhaps you have some worthy further relations or children of friends who would appreciate a gift and remember you for it. surely a gun collector will truly appreciate your pristine handgun: find a decent, local firearms dealer to list it on gunbroker for you. i did something similar with family militaria that i inherited and could no longer keep.

Thank you j. I have a few years(hopefully) to try and find one distant nephew/family member who appreciates a very nice S&W revolver.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey

i have a few guns and non of my kids are interested in firearms. Got a crapload of tools also. i am thinking its best just to sell them and leave them the money instead of having them go to the hassle of liquidating them .

That is probably what I will do too Why. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back