Gen Outlets Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champion 100419 7000/9000W DUAL FUEL GENERATOR

The two power outlets aren't working. I have a pig tail that plugs in to the the big four prong and that works but the two 120 v don't work. I tried
resetting them multiple times. I even replaced on of the receptacle/outlets but nothing.

Any thoughts?

Follow the leads back with an ohm meter and find the discontinuity. The breakers on the 120 VAC circuits would be the most likely culprit.

Originally Posted by Astro_Guy
Follow the leads back with an ohm meter and find the discontinuity. The breakers on the 120 VAC circuits would be the most likely culprit.

This !

Check for continuity on each side of the breaker.

Call Champion at their 1800 number. I bought a Champion 3500w at tractor supply for $75 as is, because it wasn't making power. I called Champions 1800 number, they emailed me the troubleshooting and testing procedures. Found the problem to be a faulty auto voltage regulator, which Champion sold me for about $30 shipped to my door.
Not saying that is your issue, just making the point that Champion has pretty wonderful customer service , and they are very helpful when trying to diagnose things like this.

I have even had them send me parts for free before!
Good company!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back