Toyota Coolant Change Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like your help. Am I correct in the following service schedules for my 2007 and older cars?

Toyota Red Long Life................ 2 years or 30K

Toyota Pink Super Long Life................. 5 years or 50K

I thought pink was good for 100k then 50k after that, 5 years either way? Regardless, I'm not seeing an issue with a drain and fill every 50k and a few years.

I thought red was good for longer than that, like for the duration of the timing belt... now I gotta look, I might be overdue (but it's so close to doing the belt again that it's not worth doing).

Originally Posted by dblshock
why less than a '07+?

Cause that's the newest car I got. It may be different for a 2019??????

Last edited:
Having owned an 01 Tacoma which spec'd Red LL, OM recommendation, 2years/30k miles. As for SLL pink my reference was subsequent to FF service interval. Personally no more than 10 years/100k mi. with SLL on FF.

Originally Posted by Gebo
I would like your help. Am I correct in the following service schedules for my 2007 and older cars?

Toyota Red Long Life................ 2 years or 30K

Toyota Pink Super Long Life................. 5 years or 50K

Pink SLLC is 10 years/100K, red long life coolant is 5 years/100K. Although the SLLC '05 xB in my sig will be 15 years old in February 2020, has 102K now, I still haven't changed it yet...
spankme2.gif
Still looks OK, though!

Naughty boy! That will be 30 lashes with a wet noodle

The true change intervals for the pink SLLC coolant with normal on highway driving is 3 years or 360,000 miles according to this flyer. Hino is the heavy duty truck division of Toyota and the pink coolant in the flyer is exactly the same as Toyota pink SLLC according to the MSDSs. The flyer also mentions the Toyota blue coolant which is an extended life coolant that has a 4 year or 500,000 mile change interval. However, the pink and the blue are not compatible like the red and the pink are. If you want to use the newer blue coolant, you'll have to fully flush the cooling system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back