STP oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search on this and didnt find anything on this.

How good are the Stp filters at Autozone?

Has anybody cut them open?

You will find several threads if you use Google to search the site. Unfortunately, the picture links are almost all broken but you can get the gist from the conversations.

I use the S373 2qt filter on my 83 Silverado with no problems,
cheers3.gif

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
The ones in my local AZ stores are made by Premium Guard... The blue filter and the black XL filter.... These oil filters are very made... These PG filters can also be found at Federated Auto parts.... The black Federated Auto oil filter for my car is $5.39 at FAP.... The blue one is $2.59...

I don't use STP or Bosch. They are just licensed out "Brand Names" STP is still riding on Richard Petty, and the famous "Oil Treatment" and will sell their pretty logo to the highest bidder.

Wixmann/Frampion's build their own filters.

Mostly the same as any other filter from what I have seen with exception of the 13.99 extended life cartridge filter which looks exactly like a 9.99 m 1 and a 2.77 supertech.

Picked up an STP XL for my application. I'll use it for 10K without hesitation. Toyota no longer makes the OEM filter and replaced it with their YZZF2 filter. This STP filter is the correct size / height as the factory installed filter and also includes a silicone gasket, ADBV and OEM backplate. The factory installed Toyota Denso 90915-10009 is made in Japan as was this STP XL.

[Linked Image]

The STP XL is made in China not Japan. I have seen a few numbers made in Korea and I understand that they are starting to manufacture in Mexico as well but that hasn't started yet. They are premium guard filters with a different sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back