Monroe made in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lifts supports that is. I was expecting China but surprised to see Turkey on the package. I assume that's considered higher quality, being from Europe and all? They look and feel as good as the German Stabilus I'm replacing.

I believe Deeza was just getting off the ground when Turkey had "war trouble". I'm not trying to be cute here, it's just that I don't remember if it was internal (like a civil war), an invasion (I don't think Turkey was attacked) or 2 other entities fighting on their land.

The Deeza name disappeared. Now parts are flowing again.

I ordered some stainless steel AC Delco brake bleed screws for my Burb and they came from from.... are you sitting down?....? Canada!

Take off hosers!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kira
I believe Deeza was just getting off the ground when Turkey had "war trouble". I'm not trying to be cute here, it's just that I don't remember if it was internal (like a civil war), an invasion (I don't think Turkey was attacked) or 2 other entities fighting on their land.

The Deeza name disappeared. Now parts are flowing again.
I had one of their tie rod ends on my MK4. It was a reboxed Lemforder.

Most likely, Syrian Civil war. Turkey borders on Syria.

Turkey stuff is pretty cheap not much better than cheap Chinese or Mexico stuff. You can get good stuff from there but not so cheap.

My Sachs macpherson struts were made in Turkey. Hopefully they'll be a decent quality for a long time because they're rather difficult to replace.

Originally Posted by Kira
I believe Deeza was just getting off the ground when Turkey had "war trouble". I'm not trying to be cute here, it's just that I don't remember if it was internal (like a civil war), an invasion (I don't think Turkey was attacked) or 2 other entities fighting on their land. The Deeza name disappeared. Now parts are flowing again.

Deeza used to be the darling brand on this group. At about that time, I ordered about a dozen parts of Deeza for a complete front end rebuild. IIRC, one part was made in Turkey, the rest were Asian made, either in Taiwan or Korea.
Soon after, RockAuto stopped carrying them.

Originally Posted by Kruse
Deeza used to be the darling brand on this group. At about that time, I ordered about a dozen parts of Deeza for a complete front end rebuild. IIRC, one part was made in Turkey, the rest were Asian made, either in Taiwan or Korea.
Soon after, RockAuto stopped carrying them.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2924978/3 Interesting info about Deeza in there, seems like they just went out of business. They were 100% Euro and Turkish, then they started offshoring, then they were gone or started making AKs, who knows. Some of the political opinions in that thread have not aged well at all lol, the early 2010s were a different time.

Disa is a Turkish chassis parts manufacturer that used to sell their own parts over here under the name Deeza. Like others said, they first started only selling their own Turkish parts here, and they were of very good quality. But then, they started reboxing Chinese/Taiwan parts, and the Deeza business went downhill and crashed
mad.gif

Even though they stopped selling Deeza, the parent company Disa is still around and is an OE supplier. They also sell aftermarket parts under well-known names. Other than the brief Deeza era about 10 years ago, Disa does not sell anything under their own name. My guess is that most, if not all, chassis parts made in Turkey are made by Disa/Deeza

Deeza is gone, but Disa is not
16.gif

Here is Disa's site

Yes, a lot of euro brands have offshore to Turkey. A lot of parts interchange between manufacturers, especially if low volume for one brand.

Ive gotten a few Turkish parts, seem fine, no different then other third world sources.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Lifts supports that is. I was expecting China but surprised to see Turkey on the package. I assume that's considered higher quality, being from Europe and all? They look and feel as good as the German Stabilus I'm replacing.

Monroe is making stuff in Turkey since I can remember.

I wouldn't worry about it. Traditonally, Turkey has been an auto parts manufacturer for decades with quality levels conforming to European standards, as Europe is their primary market. Deeza made a grave mistake by outsourcing their production to other countries, which lead to their failure. This wasn't a manufacturing or quality issue.

Although they never really manufactured their own passenger vehicles, except a couple of failed oddballs, a lot of auto manufacturers have setup shop in Turkey, with parts sourced and manufactured locally. This includes brands like Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Renault, Peugeot and Fiat. Some Turkish manufacturers (BMC, TEMSA, Otokar and Karsan) have standing agreements with manufacturers like Mitsubishi Fuso, MAN, DAF, Volvo, Iveco, Caterpillar and Cummins to supply powertains for vehicles manufactured there, like buses, semis and military vehicles.

Should be fine. If you look up Maruti Suzuki, you'll see they have a huge presence in India with their Government owning almost half the venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back