This is why I drive a real SUV
48.gif

So you endorse drunk driving?

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger
48.gif

Well she did stay off public roads for the most part.
wink.gif

Must've been a perfect storm. Alcohol = poor driving decisions + unfamiliarity with area + poor road signage + bridge at just the wrong spot that was too narrow to turn around on.

At least she recognized she was unfit to try backing up on the bridge and instead called 911. If she'd passed out, it might have been a fatal mistake when a train hit her. It wouldn't surprise me at all if railway visibility was poor enough at 2:AM that the train couldn't see that the bridge wasn't clear, from far enough away to stop in time.

The problem was not whether she called an uber when leaving. The problem was driving there in the first place to drink. You can't set yourself up for that and then expect to make good decisions once intoxicated, have to make plans ahead of time, or better still if you must drink in excess, do it where you're going to crash for the night so you don't have to depend on yourself or anyone else while in a compromised state.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger
48.gif

Yes, I think I made that quite clear.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Drunk enough to have the car impounded and go to jail imo.

Yep... gonna end up being a very expensive night of drinking.

thumbsup2.gif
Hopefully a lesson is learned, before people get hurt or die.

Yeah. There's absolutely no excuse for drinking and driving, especially with services like Uber and Lyft being options.

Sure there is, there's always an excuse. People are always good at coming up with them no matter how lame. Lyft and Uber cost money, driving home is just the cost of gas.

The lady did the right thing by staying with the vehicle and calling for help. Yeah she got a DUI but the LEO's could have found a bunch of charges related to trespassing and disrupting commerce ect which they probably won't charge her with because she did not make things more difficult by say idk abandoning the car in the middle of the tracks. Claiming it was stolen is also a very dangerous double or nothing because you would be filing a false police report and there are camera's on those tracks. She needs to A) learn to drink responsibly or b) maybe quit drinking.

Walk to another bar and drink more, then they can't prove you were driving drunk.

Originally Posted by GZRider
She needs to A) learn to drink responsibly or b) maybe quit drinking.

She probably needs to just quit drinking. No maybe. It's kinda strange but I know several people who have died in their 40s and 50s just from drinking too much.

That's probably the better option for those that don't do moderation well and still want to see the far side of 50. That is unless you can figure out how Keith Richards has survived snorting every drug, element and isotope know to man. My top bets are 1)crossroads deal 2) Evil (redacted) ring of power 3) some sort of Dorian Gray but in reverse situation.

That's probably the better option for those that don't do moderation well and still want to see the far side of 50. That is unless you can figure out how Keith Richards has survived snorting every drug, element and isotope know to man. My top bets are 1)crossroads deal 2) Evil (redacted) ring of power 3) some sort of Dorian Gray but in reverse situation.

Part of it is probably genetics. Some people win the genetics lottery. The ones that die in the 40s/50s didn't get as lucky. Plus top notch medical care probably helps. The average worker bees don't get that so that's why they're gone at an earlier age.

And pharmaceutical quality drugs for Mr. Richards.

This story reminds me of a much older cousin with a drinking problem. Lived in the LA area in the 50s and 60s. After a day at the bar, he used to drive home on the railroad tracks. Go through the intersections blowing his horn.
I guess even intoxicated he could approach the tracks where the asphalt was near level, let out much of the air in his tires, then drive down the tracks.
He was finally caught. The officer wanted to know how he could stay on the tracks, especially in his inebriated state. His response was "You just have to be a good driver, officer."

I'm betting crossroads deal. BTW- Just read this the other day about him.

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/06/keith-richards-quits-smoking/

I read Keith's autobiography "Life". According to the book, he was able to make arrangements with an artist couple who were on the list of registered heroin addicts. In exchange for lodging in his caretaker's cottage, they upped their allotments of pharmaceutical grade heroin and syringes, provided by the NHS, and split them with Keith in exchange for said lodgings. The couple were able to sculpt and paint in peace and Keith had a steady supply of pharmaceutical grade heroin and clean syringes. He stated that he would never do so called "street heroin" as it was a sure death wish. Good work if you can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back