Valvoline MST in 2015 Macan S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some leftover 5W-40 Valvoline synpower MST. I was about to buy more oil when I realized I already have 11 quarts of this stuff and it meets A40. Any reason not to run this in my Macan?
I'm hesitant because they don't seem to make it anymore and it seems there has been advances in oil for direct injection and lspi since this was made. The alternatives would probably be Mobil 1, Castrol Edge, or Amsoil Signature.

vav mst.jpg

No problem running it but I wouldn't do a long(10k) oci with it. Where did you hear it wasn't being made anymore? I order it from NAPA when it's on sale and have seen it in Walmart.

Originally Posted by loneryder
No problem running it but I wouldn't do a long(10k) oci with it. Where did you hear it wasn't being made anymore? I order it from NAPA when it's on sale and have seen it in Walmart.

It looks like all of the synpower has been relabeled Full Synthetic and I can't find it on the valvoline website.

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Advanced is the new Synpower. OP that oil can't be that old, they just renamed it a couple years ago I believe.

https://www.valvoline.com/our-products/motor-oil/advanced-full-synthetic-motor-oil

Although it doesn't look like they have the 5w40.

My Walmart still gets shipments of Valvoline 5W40. Although they did change the name to " Full Synthetic European Vehicle". You can buy the new stuff at Walmart or Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back