Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and them using black screens to keep the fans from seeing anything.... Nothing good about that.... Just like on the highway when you see a white sheet...

Originally Posted by bbhero
Yeah and them using black screens to keep the fans from seeing anything.... Nothing good about that.... Just like on the highway when you see a white sheet...

They are doing that a lot in sporting events, not just motorsports. It isn't fair to his family to have pictures of him injured out in the public. All we can do is pray.

As much as I disliked seeing the Hamlin celebration, I completely understand that they did not know what happened. Joe Gibbs issued an apology on behalf of the team and I fully expect it was from the heart.

That was tough to watch as I have always liked Newman. I really hope he is OK but looking at the way that car was caved in, it sure doesn't look good.
I have gotten tired of these restrictor plate races. I used to kind of enjoy them but the last few years it is nothing but a demolition derby.
I don't have an answer to fix it but they are really going to have to try and find a solution for this type of race. I am kind of surprised the race teams don't put up more of a complaint
since it is their money getting sent to the recycle bin with those cars.

Oh goodness I sure hope Newman is okay.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
...Did I mention anywhere else that I am the fill in parts manager for my dealer? Its actually pretty cool, but a TON of extra work.
They're grooming you. I'm reasonably certain someday soon that position and its responsibilities will be yours.

It's sad to see that happen. Ryan is a great guy. If he wasn't a driver, he'd make a [censored] of an engineer. I hope he has a speedy recovery, and can get back to doing what he loves.

No news after this long is not good either way !
Pray for Ryan and his family !!!!!

Originally Posted by JasonC
Nascar just announced he is in serious condition but his injuries aren't life threatening.

Nice to hear some GOOD news.

Prayers to him and his family.

Statement from Roush Fenway Racing.

ERBtBiWWkAE7VgD.jpg

Originally Posted by JasonC
Nascar just announced he is in serious condition but his injuries aren't life threatening.

That is a good.... Very good...

Those first responders and on site physicians are tremendous.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Statement from Roush Fenway Racing.

That's some encouraging news for sure !
Hope Ryan has a full recovery soon !!!!!ðŸ‘

So I'm not normally of the superstitious type, but this was the number I got while getting dinner after hearing the announcement from Steve O'Donnell. This was Ryan's number at Stewart Haas Racing. One off the times I called "The Late Shift" on SiriusXM NASCAR I joked with the hosts, Brad Gillie and Brad Daugherty(no relation), about getting a number at a restaurant and naming all the drivers that had it. They said they did it too.

IMG_7576.jpg

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Time will tell on the merger from last year and the revised schedule for 2021 will be interesting to see. But what NASCAR needs to do is take a look across the table at their other racing company and take some cues from IMSA
IMSA has it figure out pretty good with the rules package with the GT4 cars with stock body and large percentage of stock engine parts, NASCAR could do the same. Take a look

That is what NASCAR used to be after all. More specifically it was stock car racing. Something like 200 cars needed to be built and put on the road in order for the model to be able to participate.

To be fare, I couldn't care less. If it's on, I'll watch it, but won't go out of my way either. IMSA is more interesting to me although I have no favorite drivers.. same with NASCAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back