Snapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Finally broke down and did it.
Paid for on the first use. Found a pin hole in a new aftermarket dual pass.

Originally Posted by atikovi

2 1/2 times as much as the most popular brand? And it looks like the adaptors and case not included?

Originally Posted by Imp4
$277?!?!?
P.T. Barnum must run that company....

Knew this was coming......If you work on vehicles everyday, A coolant refiller will pay for itself many times over. The Snap-on version is one of the few that have a "Stant" connection allowing use of the same adapters used for cooling system pressure testers. The Adapters are a part of any professional mechanics tool box.
Price out a master cooling system adapter set....That will really get you guys going
lol.gif

I have the same one P10.....Awesome tool!

Originally Posted by clinebarger
The Snap-on version is one of the few that have a "Stant" connection allowing use of the same adapters used for cooling system pressure testers. The Adapters are a part of any professional mechanics tool box.
Price out a master cooling system adapter set....That will really get you guys going
lol.gif

The UView tool was designed to fit all cooling systems WITHOUT any expensive adaptors required.

Didn't need any smoke or soap as soon as I turned off the shop air I could hear it. It is either on a tank weld or on a cross tube on the very top row. We're gonna pull it out and test just the rad. Hopefully it's where we can tig it so we don't have to send it back.

Edit and yes I was pleasantly surprised that it fit the billet necks on the C&R rads

Last edited:
I've never been around a vac filler till today and was thoroughly amazed at how it pulled the complete system to 28" in 4-5 seconds even with the pin hole.
Both hose's completely collapsed.
Very nice

This is on a brand new supposid 900-950 hp race truck so there is no heater system on the truck. Bummer because had this system been sound it would have been ready to go on the dyno. Not the biggest horse they have had on the wheel but sure will be #2. And the #1 non diesel . Can't wait
27.gif

The UView tool was designed to fit all cooling systems WITHOUT any expensive adaptors required.

Does it fit all of them? With the way GM caps are designed, I doubt that Cone would seal Expansion/Degas tank. Granted some of them have a vent hose you can pinch off....But not all. The last shop I was employed at had a refiller that was similar to the one in the link you posted, It leaked more often than not forcing the mechanic to fiddle with it.

Like I said, Pro mechanics have adapters making the Snap-on design an advantage to the very people their tools are designed for. I'll never understand why Snap-on Tool threads attract negative comments from people that don't even wrench for a living & more than likely have ZERO experience to base their comments on OTHER than the price.

Sure....Some of their stuff is way overpriced for what it is, That's why I have tools from 40+ different manufactures, Not just Snap-on.

So here's a follow up ? For you fellas.
Based on experience we are pretty sure the system will hold 2-2.25 gallons complete. If I have a container with 2.5 gallons in it will 1 shot of vacuum pull it in or will I have to stop the fill and pull it down to 28" a second time?

No....Just stop the filling before you run out of coolant/suck air. Refill your container & pull the rest of the coolant in.

EDIT....That's not what you're asking. The vacuum you pull is over the entire volume of the system. That's why it takes longer & more air volume to vacuum down a large volume system than it does a smaller one.

I've filled 7+ gallon systems with mine!

Ok that's what I thought...... 1 pull of vacuum is way more than enough to completely fill the system.
Do you have a large container that you use or do you just pull it from the jugs.
I'm thinking I should get like a big garden sprayer or something with an easy off lid and then vent it some how.

I use 5 gallon buckets, Cheap at Home Depot! It's easier as I buy concentrate antifreeze & distilled water.

Another tip is to mark the inside of the bucket....1 gallon, 2 gallons etc.

I've used it on probably over 50 cars without issue.

That's like a week in a busy shop, The universal one I referred to probably had 400-600 cars under it's belt & could very well have been the issue with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back