Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
F1 uses rain tires why can't NASCAR also use rain tires ?

They have on road courses, but not on super speedways

I always watch the Daytona 500 with great hopes Nascar will gain my interest again. Daytona is such an exciting track. Then, after two or three races, it wanes and becomes the same boring deal its been for a long time. I hope the new rules package fixes that.

....And the excitement gets dulled by seeing we still have stages. Strike one, Nascar. They need to get rid of that dumb idea.

The good news...Love the sound of those engine sand seeing the bumper to bumper freight train rip around those turns!

18 to go. That twerp Logano. Starts the big one, then drives right through it. Where's Matt Kenseth when we need him?

Last edited:
It seemed bound to happen. Lots of aggressive driving, pushing, and all on two new wheels for many of them. I don't watch a ton of racing, but this has been an exciting one to watch and even my untrained eye could see something was coming.

Sorry I didn't have as much for this race. At work and just had to get my Ford and Mazda special and stock orders in before 4 my time
crazy2.gif

Did I mention anywhere else that I am the fill in parts manager for my dealer? Its actually pretty cool, but a TON of extra work.

Another big one at 2 to go. Logano got caught up in it. Racing Karma. Looking at the replay, Ross Chastain was sort of channeling Matt Kenseth, and drove right into the side of Logano, putting him into the wall.

Last edited:
Bad looking crash on Ryan Newman coming to the checker. Got upside down, then a car hit him squarely in the roll cage. Hope he's OK.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
Bad looking crash on Ryan Newman coming to the checker. Got upside down, then a car hit him squarely in the roll cage. Hope he's OK.

Hoping Newman is ok. I remember the July Daytona race when Austin Dillon went into the fencing and Jr wouldn't do anything until he knew Austin was ok.

Dang prayers for Newman , very hard hit. The roll cage on the drivers side was severely bent in. Not the place you want to see a driver hit.

I've had enough of the green-white-checker finishes. Six of the last ten Daytona 500's have had them, and it always ruins the end of the race. Ending under caution was always OK with me, but NASCAR got a bug up its [censored] about having green flag finishes, basically fixing a problem that didn't exist. Many drivers have been injured and a lot of race cars have been torn up over the years. Enough is enough.

I just saw a report that said that the media was told to leave the pits. Not good.

Their handling this wreck just like when Dale Sr was killed
I hope and pray I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back