EBC Brakes

I just ordered EBC rotors and pads for the 2010 Camry. Did I waste money? It looks like the choices were China rotors or EBC for not too much more.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by simple_gifts
If your car did not need rotors and pads, yes.

Almost 100K on the original brakes. They're getting a little thin.

I think EBCs are better than white box, but they are no Zimmermans IIRC.

Pads? I've read so many threads that I don't even know any- AKEBONO ProACT! ONE OF US, ONE OF US!

Originally Posted by maxdustington
I think EBCs are better than white box, but they are no Zimmermans IIRC.

Pads? I've read so many threads that I don't even know any- AKEBONO ProACT! ONE OF US, ONE OF US!

I have Pro Act on my truck. I would have gotten them for the Camry of the EBC kits weren't so much cheaper than buying rotors and pads separate.

Originally Posted by hatt
I just ordered EBC rotors and pads for the 2010 Camry. Did I waste money? It looks like the choices were China rotors or EBC for not too much more.

Where are the EBC rotors made? I've always wondered if their entry level stuff was also cast in China.

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
If your car did not need rotors and pads, yes.

Almost 100K on the original brakes. They're getting a little thin.

Probably money well spent then

Up here, I change the calipers also; nothing worse than new rotors burning up because of a sticking slide

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3

Where are the EBC rotors made? I've always wondered if their entry level stuff was also cast in China.

From what I can tell most are cast in the UK. A few are cast in Italy. If they have switched to China they'll be going back.

Make sure the rotor vane pattern matches the originals. For that application, I have noticed that many aftermarket rotors have a different rotor vane pattern.

You street racing nowadays hatt ??
lol.gif

I will say the akebono street performance brake pads I had on my car were truly outstanding.... Rated GG and those pads had great bite cold or hot...

Originally Posted by bbhero

You street racing nowadays hatt ??
lol.gif

I will say the akebono street performance brake pads I had on my car were truly outstanding.... Rated GG and those pads had great bite cold or hot...

Haha. I bought the stage 1 set with the Ultimax2 pads. Supposedly the closet to OEM, and the lowest cost.

Originally Posted by blupupher
I had some EBC green pads on my '02 F150 that cracked and fell apart in < 10,000 miles on me. Not very pleased at all.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did you contact them?

No you did not waste money. It is possible that pads will last less than Toyota OE, but they will improve braking.

The greenstuff pads were really good on saturns, i never used their rotors. I'm surprised they made the green pads for a truck, i thought they were for light cars. EBC makes a truck suv pad.

EBC is quality stuff made in the UK.

They're more of a performance oriented brand, but their Ultimaxes are the OE equivalent line.

You should be fine. EBC isn't too well known outside of racing circles in the US because they're a smaller, foreign company, but they make good stuff. Their rotors are top quality coated and the pads should be at least as good as stock.

You made a good decision, don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by blupupher
I had some EBC green pads on my '02 F150 that cracked and fell apart in < 10,000 miles on me. Not very pleased at all.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They look like they got in contact with brake fluid and then overheated.

Back