Bad sports teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOGERS. Today, I went out with the gf to local hangout for lunch and few beers. Got to see the Pittsburgh Penguins put the Detroit Red Wings to shame. Actually felt sorry for Detroit as that entire organization is a smacked rear end of a mess. Anyone here remember some bad sports teams aside from the Detroit Lions, and others?

Toronto Maple Leafs..... Last cup was 1967..... Don't need to say anything else. Even if they are in the playoffs, they still suck IMO until they win it all.

If Vince McMahon owned, the NHL, the Leafs would win every 5-7 years.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Got to see the Pittsburgh Penguins put the Detroit Red Wings to shame. Actually felt sorry for Detroit as that entire organization is a smacked rear end of a mess.
Silly American, DRW has Stevie Y at the helm! Famous Det alumni and top 5 GM in the league! They are tanking because there is a potential franchise player in the draft this year and they have a bunch of bad contracts.

Detroit has been historically bad this year, even for a tanking team. Last two teams that tanked hard were Buffalo and Edmonton, and they have not recovered yet even though they both arguably got what they wanted. The Leafs were in the playoffs the year after they got the first overall pick.

Max: doesnt really matter who IMO runs the Red Wings. That team has been horrible since they lost to Penguins in 2009 Stanley Cup. I think they will have lot more losing seasons myself

I wouldn't be feeling sorry for the Red Wings. That team was dominate for a long time. They'll piece it back together. The NHL has a fantastic playoff format and anyone can win if they qualify.

The MLB is probably the league with the most teams that have no chance to win on a generational scale. Once in a great while, teams like the Royals and Rays have a very short run, but it's normally dominated by the bigger spending teams.

Then there's teams like the NFL Browns, who can't get out of their own way, that have been, and will continue to be, bad forever. Not winning for that long in the NFL takes a lot of work.

Max: doesnt really matter who IMO runs the Red Wings. That team has been horrible since they lost to Penguins in 2009 Stanley Cup. I think they will have lot more losing seasons myself
They were trying to keep their PO streak alive while their former owner was still alive, ever since they got rid of their old GM Holland they are trying to rebuild. They had a winning core until Lidstrom retired, but they couldn't draft their way out again like they did with Datsyuk and Z.

2009 was when I started to watch hockey. I was working at a yacht club the summer before I started university and watched that game there, oh the memories.

Oakland/Vegas Raiders, been a fan since the early 70's
"Win lose or tie. Raider till i die"

Lol, I'm a wings fan....21 straight seasons to playoffs 3 cups.....bad sports team? Lmao. They were hamstrung by cap and bad signings still on books. Now with Stevie Y, give them 3 years like Tampa. The fact you lumped bad sports teams in with the wings....come on. Bad few seasons, and as much as it sucks....21 straight years of winning seasons and number 19 back...makes it easier to stomach.

Ya and Pittsburgh never went through a drought right? Hmmm how did you draft malkin, Crosby, fleury....must have been all those winning seasons to land those picks.

And do your homework first, look at what he did in Tampa.....oh ya....so much losing on the way. So many factors went into why they have had a bad few years, you should do your homework before spouting off and sounding absolutely ridiculous making a statement about bad franchises. A team that holds the record for reaching the post season in all of sports certainly is not one.

Domer10: easy there fella. We are talking all bad sport teams. Even the Steelers, and Penguins and Pirates were bad and could be.

Have a great week
smile.gif

Sadly, I think I've got you beat. I'm a Tampa Bay Bucs fan. Have been since their inception in 1976 when I lived on the West Coast of Florida. They have the dubious honor of having the worst winning percentage in not just football, but in all professional sports.
21.gif

The Minnesota Wild, our coach just got fired three days ago. Besides the Minnesota Twins two World Series wins, and women's basketball wins all our sports teams have ALWAYS sucked. The saying around here is when we lose "It's a Minnesota team". Let's just say "the owners" TOO have always sucked.

Growing up a Kansas City Royals fan I know the feeling of being let down for many years by your favorite team.

The curse of the Bambino. I stopped attending back in '98 when the bleachers got too uncomfortable. Found that the Red Sox do better if I don't watch them. I miss Big Papi's walk off homers.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back