2012 Ford Fiesta S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta S that is having I'm having issues with the low beam headlights. it seems I've checked all the fuses & I've also changed the bulbs to ensure that its not the issue. All of my other lights on the vehicle are working, including my high beams. I'm trying to figure out what the issue might be & not exactly sure what's going on. Anybody have any insight or ideas?

Last edited:
You mean the low beams don't work at all? Either side?

First things first, do you have battery power to fuses 35 and 36 in the underhood fuse box with the headlight switch on. Those are the fuses for the individual lamps. Second, check fuse 19, this is power through the low beam relay that feeds fuse 35 and 36.

Hopefully you can report back with findings.

Both sides are out. I changed my battery & started having issues with them working here & there. I'll check for power & go from there. I also wondered if it's the dimmer switch.

Strange to hear you started having issues after changing the battery. So by "here and there", does that mean that sometimes they work? Or just not at all. It's entirely possible that you just need two new bulbs, unless you tried that.

This past summer 2019, the same thing happened to my neighbor, who has two 2012-13 Fiesta's.

Within 2 weeks, the regular headlights stopped working in both cars. He brought the first car to his mechanic and the problem was in the fuse block(not the fuse or relay). It was corroded and wouldn't make a good connection

Ultimately, the mechanic hooked up a seperate switch for the headlights. IDK exactly how it was done but the exact same thing happened to the other car. Mechanic made the same repair.

This is all I know but, I can ask my neighbor a bit more.

It would work here & there for awhile, however, the low beams no longer work at all. I've changed the bulbs & checked all the fuses. I'm going to have a mechanic look at it on Monday to see what is causing the issue.

Did his high beams still work? I'm wondering if its something that is happening to a lot of people. I read about a recall in Canada for this issue, however, there isn't one here in the US.

Originally Posted by OSUFan86
Did his high beams still work? I'm wondering if its something that is happening to a lot of people. I read about a recall in Canada for this issue, however, there isn't one here in the US.

Yes, the high beams still worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back