NASCAR electric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking.. If NASCAR ran electric cars the only sound would be a loud------- HUMMMMMM..wonder if anyone would show up for that??

NASCAR could cross-promote and try to get spectators from the National Paint Drying Championships to come to the races.

The race cars would probably make some gear whine and tire skittering noises in the turns.

Not sure it would be louder than the fans snoring in the stands.

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
Been thinking.. If NASCAR ran electric cars the only sound would be a loud------- HUMMMMMM..wonder if anyone would show up for that??

People show up for Formula E.

They use canned laughter on TV when nothing is funny, maybe they can can engine noises and people will be kept interested. It is interesting though, if the cars win but are silent, who cares?

The drop dead gorgeous BMW i8 plays engine sounds through the radio.
The new Lexus RX450h makes engine sounds in reverse as a warning for pedestrians.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Just clip a playing card so it hits the wheel spokes.

That's a good answer ^^^^^^^^^^

lol.gif

I dunno don't the majority of people just go to NASCAR races or almost any major league sporting event just to get plastered anyways, plus electric cars can still crash, a lot of people just watch for the crashes.

Pit crews will be limited to 120V, making pit stops about 8 hours; linguistically the term "pit stop" will be lost to the annals of time, much like "dialing the phone"

Last edited:
Originally Posted by A_Harman
NASCAR could cross-promote and try to get spectators from the National Paint Drying Championships to come to the races.

Not sure it would be louder than the fans snoring in the stands.

Nascar popularity keeps declining every year due to the popular drivers retiring and doing other things. Its so bad now, they are careful when moving the camera to not show the empty bleachers.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by Dinoburner
Would there be voltage restriction?

A fuse would be the modern version of a restricter plate.

I can't see it happen though. Can you imagine the result of wrecks with lithium battery fires? No to mention the hazardous waste considerations of all those wrecks?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
They can play cricket in the infield.
laugh.gif
But seriously, how about mini-van racing.
smile.gif

Close... ... SUV racing.... That's what we actually be need here
lol.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
Close... ... SUV racing.... That's what we actually be need here
lol.gif

They'd have to set a high minimum height of center of mass, to maintain the risk of tip-overs, just to keep things interesting.

I haven't watched NASCAR for probably 12-15 years, but I tried to watch the Daytona race yesterday. Most of the names had changed (That's understandable. The names change in all sports over a dozen years). Then there were some rain delays that delayed the start and the race. I was wanting to work on a vehicle of mine and instead I was wasting my time in front of the TV when I could have been doing something constructive at home. My wife has taken in interest in sports over the last few years and she tried to give NASCAR a chance yesterday. I explained some of the rules of the sport, but after the rain delays, she decided to take a nap.
I will admit there was more satisfaction working on my own vehicle than trying to watch a sport that had several delays.

They are racing now...I don't watch it much, my racing days for NASCAR were the 60s, Fireball Roberts, Tiny Lund and of course The Great Richard Petty....YouTube lives on....

Originally Posted by PimTac
Just clip a playing card so it hits the wheel spokes.

Haha I remember us doing that when we were kids on our bikes! I even had one of those things called Raw Power
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back