NISSAN Titan xd Cummins Isv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

We have a 2019 titan xd with a cummins isv 5.0, we bought her new back in October with 4400 miles as it was a dealer demo. Before delivery I had the dealer do a PM, they used the Nissan backed mobil delvac 10w30. It's now coming up on its 10k pm service which includes both fuel filters ,so I'm wondering what lube to go with. I'm tempted to keep using the 10w30 delvac since it's the most cost effective, I'm limited to 10w30 per both cumins and nissan, so no 15w40. Sucks. Looking to keep it stock which means no DPF delete either . Im leaning toward a balance of engine longevity and DPF longevity as well, what an oxymoron. Thoughts on rotella 10w30, valvoline and motorcraft 10w30? Looking to keep intervals a 5k or if if safe the full 10k but we do a lot of stop and go.
34.gif

Thanks

The options are there for 10w30 like it is for 15w40. I don't know what sucks about that. Otherwise, go with the one you like. Make sure its a diesel rated 10w30.

Only reaso6i say it sucks its because 15w40 is the most prolific, at least around here it is.. yes we are definitely talking about diesel rated oils, no doubt..

Im a semi mechanic. 10W30 is the new normal for modern semis.
Your engine is a 5.0L and holds TEN quarts. Your wasting money changing it every 5K miles.
Urea/DEF fluid is cheapest at the pump at a truck stop.

Just concerned since there been a few broken / blued cranks. Would it be better to go up to 5w40? Ram ecodiesel had to change oil recommendations from 5w30 to 5w40. Waiting for it to hit 10k for its second oil change and its first fuel filter change. Will post UOA...

U unfortunately Cummins did discontinued the ISV, so let's see what the future holds but all in all I'm impressed. Pulled 9k with no problem and the aisin trans kicks butt.ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Ram@Will
Just concerned since there been a few broken / blued cranks. Would it be better to go up to 5w40? Ram ecodiesel had to change oil recommendations from 5w30 to 5w40. Waiting for it to hit 10k for its second oil change and its first fuel filter change. Will post UOA...

U unfortunately Cummins did discontinued the ISV, so let's see what the future holds but all in all I'm impressed. Pulled 9k with no problem and the aisin trans kicks butt.ðŸ‘

I could be wrong but I thought the 5w30 was a Euro spec PCMO from Pennzoil that they switched from to the T6 Rotella 5w40 which is an actual HDEO. The 10w30 HDEO is sufficient for your application but you could go T6 5w40 if you wanted to.

I would stick with Delvac 1300 Super semi-synthetic in 10W30 grade. There is no reason to change. There are Mobil rebates twice a year that makes it under $3 a gallon.

I strongly suspect that Delvac 1 ESP 5W40 or Delvac 1300 15W40 won't harm your engine especially in your climate but in your climate you don't need 5W40 either. It might affect your warranty however.
The 10W30 trend is a fuel economy "thing"; but it won't harm the engine. IMHO if 10k OCIs are recommended it is a waste to do it at 5k.

I wish I could use 15w40, but unfortunately it's under warranty and its not an approved weight. Its only 10w30 or 5w40.
I may run rotella 10w30 either T4 or T5, or val premium blue. Trying to balance engiebwear and dpf life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back