A little irritated at 0 Rileys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the premium Wix filter, advertised as 30% more media with more filtration at 99.5 percent efficiency.

Open the box was just a stock filter from Korea, with a 20 dollar increase in price.... Sales for much cheaper at the Dealership.

I could have bought a NAPA Gold for cheaper, and it would have been right. (made by Wix)

15.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a clearance m1 cartridge filter that was exactly the same as a supertech , same gos for the stp extended mileage filter I bought with a gift card ....it was AutoZone oc special , qs and a stp filter. Filter alone was 13.99! What a joke

Somebody switched filters? Happens at WM all the time. A Fram orange can in an ultra box for example.

This isn't Oreilly's fault. I always check filters before purchasing.

I'm unaware of any Wix 'labeled' oil filter filter that advertises the stated efficiency. To my knowledge, only one spin on application carries the mentioned coo, but never seen an advertised efficiency. Lacking much detail hard to tell what filter or type filter being referenced.

In any case, nice thing about buying a filter in a store, it can be inspected prior to purchase. As noted, always best practice.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Bought the premium Wix filter, advertised as 30% more media with more filtration at 99.5 percent efficiency.

Open the box was just a stock filter from Korea, with a 20 dollar increase in price.... Sales for much cheaper at the Dealership.

I could have bought a NAPA Gold for cheaper, and it would have been right. (made by Wix)

15.gif

You should be irritated with yourself, for not opening the box before purchase.
Also, there is no space between O and your Riley..... no S and another L.. Your paper receipt and outdoor sign there says O'Reilly

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Open the box was just a stock filter from Korea, with a 20 dollar increase in price....

OIl filter? What costs $20+?

OP has a Bugatti. Duh.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I'm unaware of any Wix 'labeled' oil filter filter that advertises the stated efficiency. To my knowledge, only one spin on application carries the mentioned coo, but never seen an advertised efficiency. Lacking much detail hard to tell what filter or type filter being referenced.

I've noticed when they mention efficiency it's something huge like a PF-1A or PH16 size. Then they hope you hope your thimble meets the same specs.

^^^I've seen that done for other filter manufacturers, but as noted I've never seen the referenced efficiency spec on Wix labeled spin on oil filter. For classic Wix labeled (not XP) efficiency can be found for each application in the form of a beta on their website. So in this case afaik Wix not included in "they". Napa Gold spin on is the same as Wix spin on.

Be that as it may, with in store inspection possible, if not up to personal standards walking away without purchase an option.

Then why don't you return it instead of complaining about it?

What Wix XP cost $28 or more (~$8 for a regular Wix and then $20 more that the OP states)?

Only filters I see that price on O'Reilly's site are the 57151XP (Ford 6.7L), 51734XP (Ford 7.3), and the 57312XP (Ford 6.0/6.4).

Napa Gold would be the same as Wix.

I believe OP is ranting about an air filter, not oil filter.

I have purchased several Wix and Napa Gold air filters made in South Korea and the quality is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back