Weight seal stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at an EXXON gas station filling up and I noticed the weight scale seal stamp shows 2019. Should that raise a concern?

Also it does not show any where at the pump it contains up to 10% ethanol. By law, arent they suppose have that posted? I doubt they sell E0 gas.

Isn't this the state that won't let you pump your own gas??? The pumps are "supposed" to be checked by the state for accuracy and then sealed so the consumer can see that the pumps have been checked. In Illinois the pumps are labeled with the max percentage of ethanol.

Originally Posted by painfx
I was at an EXXON gas station filling up and I noticed the weight scale seal stamp shows 2019. Should that raise a concern?

Also it does not show any where at the pump it contains up to 10% ethanol. By law, arent they suppose have that posted? I doubt they sell E0 gas.

You live in New Jersey, they pump the gas for you. Just write down the seal's serial number and call the dept that handles "weights and measures".

Yeah in WA State that's how it is. The State weights and measures sticker is always placed so that you can tell if the instrumentation panel has been tampered with. And I believe by federal law they have to post at the pump the ethanol content. If ya don't see any of that you might want to take it up with the mgr or call your state weights and measures as was suggested.

Edit: maybe it was E0???

Last edited:
I would be much ,MUCH more concerned about the brands tamper sticker on the card reader. Skimming is real.

[Linked Image]

I bought gas from this pump, it was 2 cents cheaper than the legit Sunoco across the street!

I find it very odd because other gas station that I pump at, Sunoco. It had a sealed stamp of 2020 and also shows up to 10% of ethanol.

Yes, this state does not allow you to pump your own gas. But I do not see how that matters about having an updated seal date.

It could just be the year that it was last tested. I've seen a few around here where there's also a month/day that's been written on the seal.

Certainly in my state (California) it's a function of a county's agricultural department. The only exception I know if San Francisco, where it's a function of their public health department. They do have an agricultural division under the public health department, but it's somewhat limited in its function (farmers markets and limited agriculture).

I've seen a county weights and measures stamp on an old gravity fed pump. It's the kind with a large glass vial where the fuel is hand pumped into the vial with lines for the volume. Then the pump just releases the fuel. I think as antiques they're exempt from requiring a vapor recovery system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back