Construction at its finest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the only sidewalk in the hood.
I'm guessing things may change when the city show's up.

Last edited:
I posted here a few years ago when Dig-safe spray painted the SNOW and people called it normal.

This is dumb too!

Originally Posted by BeerCan
In addition to the pole they could not even line up the sidewalks LOL.

Maybe they are going to demo the old sidewalk and about to extend the new one?
21.gif

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by BeerCan
In addition to the pole they could not even line up the sidewalks LOL.

Maybe they are going to demo the old sidewalk and about to extend the new one?
21.gif

That's a lot of credit to give to a group that just poured concrete around a telephone pole...

I hear ya, but I bet the contractor simply was told to pave A to B, and since he did ask about "moving the pole" as crazy as it seems, he did "CYA" if you know what I mean. He did the job and got paid and did not really care how ridiculous it looked.

Reminds me of in Houston years ago where some contractor had long delays, then planted hundreds of crispy brown dead small trees along roadways. I guess they did it just to get paid and moved on.

Took another walk today. Found they did the same thing one block down
[Linked Image]

Here you can see my pole in the background

[Linked Image]

Concrete folks not the brightest bulbs out there but do work hard.

Sheer guess plans did not have the pole in right spot and concrete guy was told to install sidewalk without his supervisor to make any real decision or thought.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Concrete folks not the brightest bulbs out there but do work hard.

Sheer guess plans did not have the pole in right spot and concrete guy was told to install sidewalk without his supervisor to make any real decision or thought.

I guessing the supervisor on that jobsite was the one guy that knew a little English. Looks like Tampa. The job will probably pass. The taxpayers will be on the hook in a couple years when someone figures out it's not right.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Made a meme for this.

Awesome ðŸ‘

I think there is more to the story. Just the fact he asked the OP about "moving the pole" (no matter how ridiculous that is) at least tells me it was in his train of thought. I suspect he was contracted to pave A to B, and had to do it within a certain time frame. He probably made a few verbal attempts to solve the issue to no avail, then finally shrugged it off and went on with the job, with collecting his $$$ in mind.

Just my
49.gif

If the city planners want the sidewalk in a certain spot thats their call. Its not the concrete guys job to move the sidewalk one way or the other to widen the street or narrow the street. The city and the phone company need to work out their issues.

It would be funny if they cut the pole flush with the new sidewalk. I would expect nothing less from these guys

Originally Posted by Kage860
If the city planners want the sidewalk in a certain spot thats their call. Its not the concrete guys job to move the sidewalk one way or the other to widen the street or narrow the street. The city and the phone company need to work out their issues.

It's the pole's owner's responsibility to relocate their pole.

It's the general contractor's responsibility to coordinate the relocation during construction. It's his problem, now, to get the pole relocated and replace that piece of sidewalk. He should have gotten the relocation done beforehand, or asked the concrete contractor to gap the pole for now until it was done. Now, he will have to pay for that piece of concrete twice, plus another removal.

None of it is the city's responsibility, except that the city inspector shouldn't accept the work as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back