Schaeffer's all supreme transmission fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about putting this in my 2018 RAM 2500. How does this transmission fluid hold up to the rest of ATF-4 fluid's?

It is not an ATF+4 fluid. The mfr simply recommends it for use in ATF+4 applications.

I'd stick with an approved ATF+4.

It is recommended for Chrysler vehicles that need ATF-4 so i wont have any problems. I'm just seeing how it compares to the rest of ATFs.

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
It is not an ATF+4 fluid. The mfr simply recommends it for use in ATF+4 applications.

I'd stick with an approved ATF+4.

+1.

Impossible to tell how well it "holds up to" other, licensed ATF+4 certified fluids. Generally speaking, I've had a good experience running Schaeffer's products and I'd bet that their All-Trans Supreme wouldn't be any different. That said, I'm not going to recommend that you run something other than a certified fluid in your transmission, especially with a spec that's widely available on the aftermarket. Here is a great list of all ATFs holding the ATF+4 spec. Looks like there's 41 fluids to choose from, so pick your favorite brand, label color, or whatever you'd like and run with it.

I'm all for Schaeffer's but I'd stick with a real ATF+4 were I in your shoes....especially in a vehicle so new.

Whenever I go to any fluid catalog (auto store, Amazon etc.) jugs of genuine Mopar ATF+4 is always there.

Be glad for that.

I will throw this out there with a 2K lb chain & anchor.
After my first 12K lb towing advantage with our new 2017 Ram 6.7L w/68RFE @ the 1200 mile mark - (417 mile round trip).
I seen average temps of 181-195*F - Not a Fan of these higher temps!

At the 3K mile mark - with the help of a electric pump I sucked out 1gal through the dipstick & refilled with Red Line C+.
Drove for 200 miles & repeated the process - Did the Red Line C+ (transfusion)1 more time.

I then replaced the 68RFE Themal ATF by-pass with a ATS delete block - now my 68RFE temps stay around 157-164*F.
(I have a Constant flow of ATF to & through the cooler) -(Never by-passed).
With the piece of mind knowing that tiny little valve will never fail closed!

8K miles later - My 68RFE has performed flawlessly since the (3 Transfusions) especially during the much colder temps.

This spring I have plans on dropping the stock pan & replacing with a PML (with a drain plug) & swapping to All-Trans - Then swapping the cheap paper spin-on filter with a royal purple spin-on.

With this done - I will have Schaeffers Ultra 10W-30 flowing through the 6.7L & All-Trans within the Power Steering / Transfer Case / 68RFE.
Red Line gear oil in Front & Rear differentials.

Remember: Just because I run it with a positive success & U don't - doesn't mean I'm wrong!
Do I recommend this to other 68RFE owners - No! It's none of my business what others run.
Only sharing my personal experience & future plans.

I love Schaeffer. But in this situation, I'd stick with the OEM fluid. I only use OEM ATF, Coolant and PS fluids on my Toyotas.

Using a universal ATF may work fine for thousands of miles before it causes problems. "If" it causes problems. It may work
like a champ.

Licensed ATF+4 in a truck under warranty.

No need to give FCA an excuse to deny coverage on the inevitable 68RFE failure.

Change of Mind: Local Schaeffers Oil jobber is retiring due to health issues - so looks like the MOPAR ATF+4 gets the nod.
With the Thermal By-Pass delete block installed the ATF will never again be stressed with Heat Issues - so the fluid should have a some what easy life.

Originally Posted by -SyN-
Change of Mind: Local Schaeffers Oil jobber is retiring due to health issues - so looks like the MOPAR ATF+4 gets the nod.
With the Thermal By-Pass delete block installed the ATF will never again be stressed with Heat Issues - so the fluid should have a some what easy life.

What about using Redline tranny fluid instead ?

Red Line C+ is flowing through its veins now! - I feel its the Perfect ATF for the 68RFE if worked hard 24/7. The cost per gallon is some what expensive compared to others!
Mine has it easy in the winter - NO Towing!

Just got off the phone with Ray - He stated he was only part time retiring and he would keeped me stocked with Schaeffers Ultra 10W-30 as well as All-Trans for my 68RFE & My SoyShield (diesel fuel additive).
So when the New PML pan goes on - Schaeffers All-Trans will be going in!

Old Threads like this: Make me feel alot better!

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=522531

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1663452/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back