Power Steering Cooler Rusty - 2008 Silverado 1500 GMT900

Status
Not open for further replies.
The factory power steering cooler's metal lines are seriously rusty on my truck and will need to be replaced soon likely to coincide with a power steering flush. I looked on Rockauto and I have two choices that are direct fit but are slightly different in style...my question is which is the superior style?

The second style is what the factory cooler looks like.

[Linked Image from rockauto.com]

[Linked Image from rockauto.com]

Last edited:
Depending on your budget, I like the SKF model; it will cool more effectively based on construction types. If you are having corrosion issues on the factory tube & fin design, if I were using the SKF, I would wipe it down with a paint prep and coat it with radiator black specialty paint. It is designed not to build really thick and clog fins. Best of luck.

Glad to know that my assumption was correct...that the SKP model will cool more effectively. It's also the cheapest option compared to the Dorman and Acdelco coolers which are the same construction style. And good idea about the radiator specialty paint. The factory cooler is painted as well but I believe it's a common issue for the lines to corrode and eventually leak.

Last edited:
I know Eastwood carries it, just the idea of shipping and small delay. They sell it in Satin and Gloss finishes...its good stuff, I've used it in the past. A little pricey, but 1 can should be more than enough. If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can get it through them with free shipping.
Satin Finish Radiator Black

Last edited:
It would help keep it from sticking out and being obvious behind the grille as well. Everything else in that area is black as well.

The bottom one will slice your hand to ribbons if you work near it, if you care about that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back