Nice little gift from FCA today

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Got home from work and my wife had apparently already opened it. The verbiage is somewhat hilarious, but I appreciate the gesture. The "Jeep" tag is leather and appears to be of decent quality.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Spend $60K and get a free $5 keychain ?

Nice of them to send you something.

Basically
lol.gif

One time, the Nissan dealer sent my parents a tin of Danish cookies as a "thank you" for buying a car from them.

My adopted mom got a Subaru-branded Samsonite duffel bag for pre-ordering her Ascent.

Originally Posted by nthach
One time, the Nissan dealer sent my parents a tin of Danish cookies as a "thank you" for buying a car from them.

My adopted mom got a Subaru-branded Samsonite duffel bag for pre-ordering her Ascent.

And your mom likely got a faulty CVT, engine or brakes. Seems like a fair compromise...

The CDC sent me a gross of condoms after my last vehicle purchase. Seems they are partnering with J D Power and utilizing manufacturer databases to help mitigate the scourge of perpetual in-breeding that creates Subaru buyers. Here's an action shot of said buyers. j/k

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Spend $60K and get a free $5 keychain ?

Nice of them to send you something.

The way I look at is that they didn't have to send anything. Why not just enjoy then gift.

Originally Posted by sloinker
The CDC sent me a gross of condoms after my last vehicle purchase. Seems they are partnering with J D Power and utilizing manufacturer databases to help mitigate the scourge of perpetual in-breeding that creates Subaru buyers. Here's an action shot of said buyers. j/k

[Linked Image]

Weird comment, considering the dearth of Subarus in the pic...

[Linked Image]

2 ford trucks and what looks like a cutlass ciera. Where is the subaru?

Years ago, my parents got a nice canvas Eddie Bauer duffel bag in the mail thanking them for their purchase of a new Eddie Bauer Explorer. Neither has ever owned an Explorer in any form or fashion...

Whatever the case, it's a heck of a nice duffel bag. They passed it along to me, and I've quite literally carted it all over the country. I'm usually out of town overnight at least one night a week these days, and it almost always stays packed with things like toiletries and chargers so I just have to stuff some clothes in it and go.

That was one very nice thank you for not actually buying a car. I've never looked to see what a similar Eddie Bauer duffel bag would cost if bought outright, but I imagine it wouldn't be cheap.

I got a nice little gift from FCA today too. Some idiot in a Tundra wasn't going to let me pass him...didn't take much to see him in my FCA mirror.

Originally Posted by spasm3

[Linked Image]

2 ford trucks and what looks like a cutlass ciera. Where is the subaru?

\

They're being flat towed behind the Ford trucks, the Ciera is blocking access to the trailer park/home.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Got home from work and my wife had apparently already opened it. The verbiage is somewhat hilarious, but I appreciate the gesture. The "Jeep" tag is leather and appears to be of decent quality.

[Linked Image]

You'll be forced to live the JEEP Dream and lifestyle now !
Nice as the key keeper or tag is, the sales brochures and that marketing info isn't cheap to create or print either.
When I had my 74 CJ, it was the time or within a year of Jeep "offering factory installed radios!" I don't recall getting Jeepwear or Jeep fashion of those days but it existed. In 2005, I picked up a 95 YJ and by then, Jeep had their own church.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by dishdude
I got a nice little gift from FCA today too. Some idiot in a Tundra wasn't going to let me pass him...didn't take much to see him in my FCA mirror.

I passed a Challenger today in my Gen 1 Tundra, the poor soul slid off the road into a farmer's cornfield in one inch of snow. I tossed a roll of Jolly Rancher out the window so he probably won't starve to death before the police find him.

LOL!!!
lol.gif

Likewise, my old 6.1 is still going like stink!

A friend of mine bought a used Celica and a few weeks after registering it Toyota sent him a cat pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back