6 month or yearly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owners manual states 4k severe and once a year or 10k. I just checked and I have done 5k since 4 2019 which I changed in 10 19 with 3k. Should I just go yearly in April with Synthetic? It has an OLM which I have never seen it come on even with this 10 month run not being reset.

Leave the poor OLM out of this. It's been quiet so far, so why mention it now?
With the hard facts before us I must agree that under most average situations yearly will do.

However, there are conditions of operation which we do not know. Yearly, or even the 10K may be too long if you short/cold you poor GC.

Originally Posted by Kira
With short trips I'd be a 5K oil changer.

+1

It really depends on your driving. I used to short trip a TON, because my work was 4 miles away, and I would drive to other buildings during work for meetings that were 3 and 4 miles away. The car never reached operating temp during the winter.

If you do a lot of highway driving and get the oil up to temp you can go 10k easy.

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Originally Posted by tiger862
90% short trips and a few higher mileage ones squeezed in

This is severe, go with the manual 4k.

And this is why I was doing 6 month intervals with Syn Blend. I am still tempted to go with Synthetic just for my daily routine however Synthetic is 16.00 more over a year's time. It might be worth it in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back