Construction at its finest

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are working on the street in front of my office. So a guy comes in today and asks me to move my telephone pole. I was like HUH? He said we need you to move your telephone pole by noon, it's in the sidewalk. I said I don't have the resources or the desire to move a telephone pole, that is a TECO (our elec company) issue.

So sure enough I go out for lunch at noon and I see this. In addition to the pole they could not even line up the sidewalks LOL.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

this made my day...let me guess - Florida?

please tell me you made a call to the city / township...

You can bet I am going to talk to the city. This is totally ridiculous.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
That takes a special level of stupid right there
crazy2.gif

Yeah, looks like some of the "tools" that worked with me. They all were fired, this contractor that did this "work" needs fired ASAP

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
That's an ADA violation. No way a wheelchair could go down the sidewalk.

Good point. 👠That pole is either gonna come out or the sidewalk redone around it. I can't see that being code.

Aren't sidewalks a public easement, so the sidewalk has the "right of way" so to speak?? (doubt that's the right term but you get my point, hopefully?)

Last edited:
They will really mess up that sidewalk when they do pull that telephone pole.

Usually that stuff is done first. As for the sidewalk lining up, that's the new style. Nothing is straight anymore. Streets, sidewalks are all curvy.

If the cement isn't dry, need a red mark on the pole and the impression of a body in front of the pole. Or do one of those chalk outlines of a body in front of the pole.

The guy who knocked on your office door had to be a concrete laborer. I can't believe a business owner or a foreman would have done that. As soon as the Building Inspector informs the contractor that the sidewalk must be ripped out, that moron laborer will be canned. Is that a U.S. post office in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back