What kind of snow blower do you have and what do you run in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1991 toro ccr2450

usually use 93 octane with echo red armor or g-oil whatever is mixed in the 1gal 50:1 mix can.

Old 24" Ariens re-powered 5yrs ago with a Predator. Yet to be used this yr. A month ago, I drained the gas in the tank and refilled with Speedway 97 E-10 oil is leftover? 5w30 .

Ok... Don't hate...

I have and use an electric Toro snow blower. I bought it about 20 years ago. It is awesome! Never needs gas or oil. Always starts. Having an extension cord can be a pain, but I've gotten used to it.

If it died today, I would buy another tomorrow.
There's only been a couple of times over 20 years when I would have wanted something bigger.

MTD Monkey Wards 24" with 6.5 hp HF chonda motor.

Fresh 87 octane E10 with sta-bil. Carb jetted up 2.5 sizes and runs like a dream. Air filter removed.

Some random 5w30 syn, probably pennzoil, but I don't remember or care.

I just bought a new Ariens Platinum 28 inch (I think) snowblower with heated handgrips and EFI. This thing will blow snow like crazy. It wasn't cheap by any
means but it is balanced well and is very easy to turn and control. The fuel injection is awesome and it starts on the first pull and idles perfect even when cold. It is worth the extra $300.00 for fuel injection. This is probably the last snowblower I will ever buy. I use synthetic 5W-30 in it and they recommend you change it the first month so I did.

We have a one humanpower shovel. Runs on craft beer and even works in deep snow.

Last edited:
I have an older Toro CR20E 2 stroke single stage blower. 2.5hp Tecumseh engine and I run the same fuel I run in my vintage Lawn Boys, chainsaw, weed eater and leaf blower. Marathon ethanol free gas mixed with Amsoil Saber at 45:1.

L8R,
Matt

An Ariens 24" and a Toro 20" as a back up. Anything less than 4", I get some exercise with my shovel. I used my Ariens only once last year, shoveled this year so far. I use standard issue 40:1 mix with Stabil in the gas can.

Last edited:
2005 John Deere G110 - Kohler Command 25hp V-Twin- 42" snowblower attachment: Castrol 0w40 + Wix 51348 filter year round

2008 Toro CCR Powerlite 98cc - Husqvarna Semi-synthetic 2-stroke mix at 50:1

Secondhand Snapper C3203 single stage two-stroke. Wife's aunt gave it to us, hadn't been run in about 10 years. Got it running, but the carburetor was fouled up and hard to start. New carb off Amazon for $20 and a new spark plug fixed it right up. Interestingly, the owner's manual calls for 32:1 mix, but the tag on the engine shows 50:1. Since the weed whacker and leaf blower use that too, I run 89 octane and 50:1 mix.

Originally Posted by NO2
We have a one humanpower shovel. Runs on craft beer and even works in deep snow.

I remember those in my younger days. On a side note my neighbor brought me a Modelo Beer for doing his house....
smile.gif

Last edited:
I have a Poulan 30" 291cc. It's a stripper AYP built unit. I ran whatever 5w30 synthetic I had left over from doing oil changes on my trailblazer. I still need to source an augers gear to get it back working.

Right now I'm running a John Deere 1028e. I am not sure what the last guy put in it. After this season it will get some QSUD. It's a nice machine and after I cleaned up the shute switch, it rocks!!

2006 MTD Yard Machines 22" two-stage with a 5hp Tecumseh Snow King. I change the oil every season with 5w-30 Supertech and it just keeps chugging along.

[Linked Image]

Simplicity 342cc 2014 30 inch cut heated bars with electric deflector and chute

Amsoil 4stroke 0w40 ATV
VPracing C9 race fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back