OTISTEC MC-10 any proof of snake oil or super stupendous firearm care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Otistec and they claimed their MC-10 was the best.
Any of you folks have scientific information and knowledge of this stuff?
There must be thousands of "gun chemicals" that are claimed to be the latest and greatest, fabulous...
What have you folks found to be a rip off?
Thank you!
And may you and yours be Free, healthy and happy!

Last edited:
It's common for manufactures to market their product as being the best, that's just what they do. Wiper and shaving blade makers as an example.

Never heard it if it. Looked it up and looks like Amazon sells the MC10 kit for $27.

$27 freaking dollars. For a tiny amount of solvent and lubricant. One ounce of lube and one ounce of cleaner, for $27!! Thats criminal highway robbery!!

AVOID!! That's your answer.

The price vs performance ratio should max out at about $12 for 4 ounces of gun lube. Anything more expensive than that is just a waste of money. You can find some very competent lubes that work for less than $12.

Otis has always been a company that sells over priced, mediocre cleaning kits to the military. I've used their BIO CLP and was not a fan, personally.

Here are two lubes that work excellent and dont cost a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/BreakFree-BF...eakfree+lp&qid=1581686141&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Shooters-Cho...n+oil+fp10&qid=1581686182&sr=8-1

The price of this stuff, even if does everything it says as well as it says, puts me into the dubious category.
Latest, greatest & fabulous ... more I'm around, more I think it's mostly a crock.
There's good lubes, good solvents, good protectants, IMO. Some products may do two of the tasks fairly well, haven't seen a whole lot that do all 3 superbly.
For lubes, I like some Lubriplate SFL-0 and some FP-10.
For solvents, I've got Kroil and Shooter's Choice IV.
For protectant, I like G-96.
Range bag kits get a 1 oz of G96 or FP10 in a milsurp bottle and the little aerosol can of Ballistol.
Have pretty much stopped eyeballing new "solutions" 'cause I got no problems in the gun chemical departments.

Good old Hoppes #9, vile smell and it probably causes cancer. But the old standby really works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back