What kind of snow blower do you have and what do you run in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done blowing snow again!

My neighbor lets me use her Toro single stage as long as I do her stuff. I end up doing many of the neighbors as well.

I currently buy the gas and oil for it. I use regular unleaded with one pouch of Opti-2 to a gallon of gas.

1999 Yardman 29" 10HP with the SnowKing engine. 5W40 Motomaster Synthetic from Canadian Tire. Always use premium fuel because it doesn't have ethanol.

A Craftsman 2-stage something or other.
5ish horsepower.
Leftover excess oil from car oil changes.
I run it dry and empty the carb bowl in the spring.
Gas is 87 octane E-10 with a glug of Stabil.
Always starts on the 1st or 2nd pull.

Had a Yardman single stage 2-stroke my dad gave me when I lived in a residential neighborhood. I ran Supertech 2-stroke in it. I now live in the country and pay a neighbor that has a plow $75 a pop to clear my driveway. I have a 208' long by 10' wide driveway with a pad between my home and a metal building.

bought new '89 5HP Tecumseh Snapper 22" rated #1 by CR at the time..WI. winters great machine.

1965 Bolens 1000 with 36" snowblower. 87 octane and 10W40 in the 13hp Lifan in it.

Snow Joe-Ion cordless.
wink.gif

80 volts.

Last edited:
I have a few machines.
2 10HP Tecumseh Yard Machines
1 8HP Tecumseh Yard Machine
An old Bolens with a 6.5HP iPower engine.

They all get 87 gas with a touch of MMO and Stabil.

It's a mixed bag on oil - either Penwood Blend 5W30 or PP 10W30

Late 90s MTD 24 inch/10 hp (357 cc) Tecumseh. 89 octane, 5w30. Threw the factory carb away and installed one with adjustable mixture screws. Runs much better. Prior to that ran a late 70s Sears 24 inch/7 hp Tecumseh for 20 or so years until I couldn't get parts for it.

Last edited:
Ariens single stage 208cc. Bought new fall 2016.

Ariens two stage 28 in deluxe 254cc, bought new end of Feb last year.

Both get QSUD 5w30. Though the new one has only been used a couple times, maybe has 1.5 hours on it. So that is factory fill still.

Both get 91 octane no ethanol gas, mixed with Seafoam and Startron.

Originally Posted by TriMoto
1965 Bolens 1000 with 36" snowblower. 87 octane and 10W40 in the 13hp Lifan in it.

Wow, an old gal still run strongly.

I run an MTD form the late 90's 24 inch/10 hp (357 cc) with the Tecumseh. It is my snow beast and is great for the end of driveway after plow snow.

I also run a Toro 824 QXE with an 8HP (272 cc) for snows of around 6" or less as it a lot faster and lighter to use.

I run Mobil 1 0w30 in both of them, 90 octane ethanol free gas and Stabil or Briggs and Stratton fuel stabilizer.

The MTD is modded with mudflaps cut and screwed onto the auger. It throws the snow a long ways!

Toro CCR2450. Single stage snowthrower. I only use BP or Mobil gas (87 octane) and whatever oil is on sale. Currently using up a bottle of some synthetic 2-cycle oil I bought from Ace Hardware. So far it's handled everything Ma Nature has thrown at us, including the Snowmaggedon Blizzard we had in 2011. Took a long time to deal with all that snow, but it got the job done.

Ariens Deluxe 24 with 254cc LCT engine

Wawa 89 octane ethanol free fuel
Mobil 1 5w-30 High Mileage
Mystic JT6 High Temp in the Zerks
NGK Iridium spark plug

Yard Machines (MTD) Single Stage 2-Cycle

Tru-Fuel Premix ethanol free 50:1

A small Toro 2 stroke Single stage CCR2000.......the "Red Bull". Probably over 20 years old. Beat the snot out of it and it comes back asking for more. Backup is my trusty Sears Craftsman Snow shovel for the tight spots that the Toro can't reach.

Last edited:
Poulan Pro PR8527ES (8.5hp, 27")
Purchased new in Feb. '08. One of the last ones with a Tecumseh flat head.
87 octane E0 gas
any syn 5W30 changed once a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back