Oil Change Stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by nthach
I usually bug someone to let me print one on his fancy Zebra printer when I do an oil change at his shop.

lol.gif

I wish there was a place I could get some free American Flag stickers for my rides

Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
I'm still using a booklet of the old style door jamb stickers from Quaker State, who gave them to me for free. Old school. Peel them off, use a little Goof Off and add a new one. And no sun fading of the window stickers.

Yeah, that's the thing with the w/s stickers. Even if you use a new sharpie or go dark with a ball point pen, they still fade to nothing.

I remember the door jamb stickers. That's not a bad idea to avoid the UV fade.

I'm still using a pack of old pennzoil windshield oil change stickers I ordered off of eBay probably 18yrs ago, but I mainly use my myCarFax app anymore. My local Autozones and Advance autos used to have a roll of free stickers on the oil shelves or at the counter, but they always seemed to be out of them when I needed them. This is going back a good 20yrs. I haven't bought oil from those places in eons.

These are the only ones that have any staying power on my stickers: Industrial Sharpie

You can buy a 10 or 20 pack of the oil change stickers on ebay for like 2 bucks.

I use those, and mark with a sharpie. No fading even in South Texas.

I use a small spiral , that I keep in the glove compartment , to write down the oil changes .

I try to change oil / filter when the OLM is at 50% . Cheap insurance .

My 1999 Grand Marquis...
Oh, you said modern vehicle.

The MGM is on an annual OCI as we usually put about 6k per year on it. Every 5k we change the oil, so it works out to about 10 months.

Did it June 27th last year at 100k miles. Today it's at 1033xx so probably sometime in April or May it will be due.

I use a sticker on her as she ain't modern.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by Wolf359
I never use them, I just peel them off whenever the local indy puts one on. I just stick the number into mycarfax and I look it up once in a while. Car also keeps track of when the next oil change is due so it's pretty pointless for me.

What modern vehicle doesn't tell the driver when an oil change is due ? Honestly asking, are there some out there ? What's weird about the ones the shops use, is they still want to change your oil every 3000 miles.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Brother P-Touch 12 mm white large black letters.

No fading.

This. I have used the same OC sticker for over two years. Merely peel the old P-Touch sticker off the sticker, and put the new one on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back