Red Line 5w20 15k OCI 1.6 Ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is a Volvo V40T2 with a 1.6 ecoboost engine.The oil is still in use , I plan on going until I reach the 18k.
I drive a lot of highway.
I had to put about 0.5 L of oil during the OCI , and it was 0w30 also RL, I did not have any 5w20 more.

Ölanalyse.jpg

Last edited:
That would be 9300K (miles) I believe. Shouldn't be a problem to go to a longer OCI.

Last edited:
Maybe is the picture to small , I will write down the most important values...

OCI 14881 miles
Engine 77982 miles

Iron -12
Aluminium-3
Cooper -1
Silicone -29
Fuel -1.2%
Vascosity -10.65
Oxidation -22
Sulfation -11
Nitration -6
Calcium 2765
Phosphor 950
Zink 1139
Moly 534
TBN 3.7

Looks fine to go a bit further, if you want to get every last drop of life out of this awesome Lube.

Yes , the oil is still in use. My plan is to drive about 19k miles if posible.I will make another UOA soon.

Crap load of calcium for a TGDI engine.

You ever experience LSPI?

Normally wouldn't suggest extended OCI in a TGDI vehicle, but most people don't use Red Line Oil, either. It's my understanding that this Red Line 5W-20 oil contains little to no VM. So, barring oxidation or dilution, there should be nothing, really, to degrade, within this oil. And the add pack certainly seems stout enough to go the distance.

Forgot to look before I started this response - did you get a TBN?

Originally Posted by tig1
That would be 9300K (miles) I believe. Shouldn't be a problem to go to a longer OCI.

The oil should definitely be changed if the OCI was 9,300,000 miles.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Crap load of calcium for a TGDI engine.

You ever experience LSPI?

Normally wouldn't suggest extended OCI in a TGDI vehicle, but most people don't use Red Line Oil, either. It's my understanding that this Red Line 5W-20 oil contains little to no VM. So, barring oxidation or dilution, there should be nothing, really, to degrade, within this oil. And the add pack certainly seems stout enough to go the distance.

Forgot to look before I started this response - did you get a TBN?

I have never felt any LSPI . The TBN was 3.7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back